With Deepest Sympathy... a PMS card

>> Monday, October 26, 2009

I have some sympathy cards to make. I hate making sympathy cards (unless they are just ones to have in stock, to give to the church, etc). I hate having to make sympathy cards for people i know! I know a card can make something smile. And a handmade card lets them really know you care. I know when i received cards after my grandpa passed away, i really really treasured them. Still, when i go to make a handmade sympathy card, i just feel like there is no possible way my card would ever be good enough to relieve their pain. Is that odd of me?

Well, one of the friends I have to make a card for is my mom's best friend. Growing up I called her Aunt Jackie, but essentially, she was just as much an aunt to me as any of my blood relative aunts. And even more, I saw her more often. Jackie's mom passed away last week. And i know it is incredibly difficult for her. She was living with Jackie. And since Jackie is not married and does not have children, I'm sure the house is now a very eerily quite place. So any extra prayers of comfort you may have, I know she could really use.

Here is my card for my "Aunt Jackie"



I was actually very pleased with how it came out. At first i wasnt sure if i liked the blue with the black, but in the end i really did. I used my copic airbrush with a 7/8 inch circle to mask out what ended up being my moon i think. it was originally supposed to be a sun! haha! It didnt look very "sun-like" in my opinion. I made it even MORE moon-like by adding shimmerz in angel wings to the moon. I went a little outside of my white circle with the shimmerz to make it have that moon glow look.
Here's a better look at my glowing moon! haha!


And here are




Stamps:
Nature's Song by Paper Makeup Stamps

Coloring
Copic Airbrush used with B12, B14

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black

Paper: ALL FROM THE SCRAP BIN! :)

Tools and Accessories
Copic Airbrush
Black Satin Ribbon
Black Brads (American Crafts)
Shimmerz in Angel Wings

Cuddlebug Embossing Folder in branches

4 comments:

Michelle VP Monday, October 26, 2009  

This is a beautiful sympathy card and I'm sure your aunt will appreciate all the sentiment behind it.

Danni Monday, October 26, 2009  

I despise making sympathy cards. I need to make one but keep putting it off.
Yours turned out so nice!

Shaela Monday, October 26, 2009  

what a beautiful card - I'm sure your "aunt" will appreciate it

Delilah Tuesday, October 27, 2009  

Your card is beautiful! I think your aunt will be appreciate the effort.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP