Thanks to Teachers!

>> Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This will have to be a quick post since i have to leave to pick up my preschooler very soon! What me? not wordy?? I know.. it'll be a shocker!

My son's preschool is having a teacher's luncheon tomorrow. I was asked by one of the mom's (who knew i like crafty things) if i would make placecards for each teacher. She decided to get some quotes from students in each class to see if i could use them. let me tell you... kids say some really funny stuff. But some of it was so sweet too!

We knew we wanted to keep everything colorful, but i didnt want everything to look the same, so i choose Sorbet (PTI), Groovy Guava (retired in color from SU), Cool Caribbean (retired in color from SU) and some random green that i think is SU but who knows in my paper stash. I printed the teachers names and quotes on Neenah because now that i've used it, i'm a neenah snob and GP just doesnt have the pretty smooth white finish that i want! :)

Here's a view of all the cards (16 of them i think... i blurred out the children's last names)


Here's a closeup of one so you can see a little detail. Yes i know i didnt blur out the last name... i'm the mama, and i give myself permission. :) And yes, thats exactly what my 3 year old said he liked about his teacher. Laster he also told me he didnt like her, he LOVED her. Woops, i already had the cards finished. I'll have to tell her the correction.



Other tools used...
Cat's Eyes Chalk Inks
Swiss Dots cuddlebug folder (and machine)
Branch Punch from martha stewart crafts
butterfly punch from martha stewart crafts
Baroque Motifs swirl stamp and white daisy (ctmh) ink (stamped on the cardstock before punching out the butterflies)

ok... now i have 4 minutes to pick jack up. good thing i live close! :)

15 comments:

Mary R Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

Love the cards!! Great colors you chose.
That is so cute what Jack said!!

Shaela Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

that is so adorable! and what a wonderful keepsake for all the teachers :)

Tracey Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

What a fantastic idea!! These are fabulous Katie!!

Meli Palmer Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

Those little quotes are just too funny. I did a similar project for my parents-in law as a gift from my daughter. She came up with the craziest reasons why she loved them.
I think the colors are great here, and they have such wonderful detail. The teachers will love these!

Christi Flores Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

Girl, these turned out awesome!!!! I love that font your chose and the colors are so fun!

Rosella Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

WOW! What a fantastic idea!! The teacher is going to LOVE these!!

Michelle Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

great job katie! makes me wish that chelsea was still in pre-k when i got to do all of those fun things..

i love your color choices..and simple, but lovely embellishments..
TFS! xoxo

Wendy Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

What an awesome idea! I bet the teachers will LOVE them! Too stinkin' cute!! :)

Becky Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

These are just precious, I just love these.

Susan (peebsmama) Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

I bet the teachers will absolutely treasure these. Great job.

Sarah Tessmann Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

wow, Katie, those are absolutely beautiful! You do such incredible work!

Ruth Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

These cards are awesome. You did a great job. And yes...kids DO say the funniest things!

Gina Lindsay Tuesday, April 28, 2009  

What a great idea. As a former preschool teacher, I know these will be loved very much.

NeenahPaper Wednesday, April 29, 2009  

Thank you for using Neenah Paper in your beautiful hand made cards!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP