full of empty promises

>> Friday, April 10, 2009

well sheesh... i've been full of empty promises huh? I said i had been coloring so i'd have a lot of cards turned out soon. Yep... no cards. bad me! Actually, i do have 2 cards. And i will post them here in the next few days that wont have much craft time.

I've actually had a few makeup things this week along with the recent April release from Paper Makeup Stamps and i had a coloring class yesterday plus one tomorrow. Whew. tiring week. :)

Ok, so i dont actually have a card to post right this moment, but while my mother-in-law was in town, we decided to play with colored pencils and baby oil. I've really only tried this technique 2 other times. One was a bit back and in my opinion, a bit disasterous. The other turned out really cute at my friend Rachel's stamp camp, but my charming 3 year old took scissors to my colored image before i ever got it on a card. I was actually pleased the with result (much more so than the first time) but it took me about 3 times as long to color than it does with my copics. maybe it's just because of what i'm used to.

Then i used the same image yesterday when i was coloring with copics (and was playing with light reflection to use as an example in my color class). I like the copic version better but i'm very interested to hear everyone else's opinions! :)

THe colored pencil version is on the left and the copic version is on the right. it would have been a better side by side if i had used the same colors, but oh well. :)




My goal is to actually get these put on a card! But Lord knows i have countless colored image sitting all over the place that never make it to cards! haha.


Recipe:
Stamp: Miss Anya, The Greeting Farm

8 comments:

Danni Friday, April 10, 2009  

I think they both look nice and you wouldn't know any different if you didn't see them together. I really think it's what you are use to as I love my pencils and odorless mineral spirits.
HOpe you get a chance to make some cards!!

Anonymous,  Friday, April 10, 2009  

I think they are both great. I like the "colors" of the one in Copics better and I like how you can get super highlights with Copics. If it were not for the super highlight I don't think anyone would know the difference. I don't have Copics so I use pencils and goo gone and love the technique. I would love to try Copics though.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, my dear.

Christi Flores Friday, April 10, 2009  

I love them both! I think it's all about the look that you're going for.

CarlaKH Friday, April 10, 2009  

love both really.... one day i will own some copics :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug Saturday, April 11, 2009  

These are both gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Stephanie Saturday, April 11, 2009  

Katie....They both look good! I like the colors you chose for the pencils better...but both images look good!

Sara Henton Saturday, April 11, 2009  

They both do look really great and love the coloring on both. But I do see the highlights a lot better with the copics, I gotta learn how to do that.

Meli Palmer Thursday, April 16, 2009  

Wow, that color job is fantastic, on both images.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP