Casein' away on a Wednesday

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I actually cased THIS CARD a bit back (ok, like 2 weeks ago) when I wanted to do a simple card with a big impact for the cards crop/class at chic fil a. I browsed thru my "favorites" gallery on splitcoast and found one i had favorited eon's ago by Debbie who is now one of my favorite blogs to browse. ironic huh? Of course i didnt know it at the time. Or maybe it was this card that turned me onto her blog in the first place. Who knows... like i said it was forever ago. :)



Well, unfortunately for me, i dont have the nestabilties plain square to emboss with. but i'm thinking i need it. So instead i layered my colored squares onto slightly larger white squares to help them pop out against the background.
I also changed the color layout just a bit. For the class i have about 16 different colored squares for them to choose from. Go figure, there were only 2 people there and now i have a bajillion little colored squares. But you know... these would make fast and fabulous thank yous! hmm... the wheels are turning. :)

Anyhoo - the flower stamp is from a CTMH mini set called Beauty. The cardstock colors are from the current In Colors by Stampin Up. And the sentiment is from Mixed Messages from Papertrey Ink.

5 comments:

Heidi Wednesday, April 29, 2009  

this is a sweet little card girl! Hope all is going well!

Meli Palmer Wednesday, April 29, 2009  

Oh, this is so cute. I would have favorited this too. Love the colors together!

Shaela Wednesday, April 29, 2009  

stunningly simple - great card!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, April 29, 2009  

Beautiful card, Katie!!

Christi Flores Wednesday, April 29, 2009  

This turned out fabulous girl!! Better than MY CASE! Hahaha!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP