PMS Monday Challenge: All Tied Up!

>> Monday, April 13, 2009

It's monday so that means another monday challenge over at the PMS blog. This weeks challenge was issues by Design Team Member, Dawn Barrett. Her challenge is an embellishment challenge to use ribbon on a card or layout. Now i use ribbon on cards a LOT! And seeing the design team's submission ahead of time made me wary of how i'd use my ribbon. They all had such ingenious ways to use their ribbon!

Well, i still didnt come up with a fantastic way to use the ribbon, but i had a fun idea i really wanted to use with Dawdling Turtle, so this will have to do. hahaha.

Here is my card...


I colored the turtle's head, feet, tail and underbelly with copic markers but his shell is paper pieced. I really dont use the paper piecing technique enough, because the result is always so fun! I did use a warm grey copic marker on the paper pieced shell just to give a little bit of shading. I'm not sure if you can even see it in the photo, but it's there. :)

The paper i used i have had for some time and just seem afraid to use it because i just love it SO much! It's by Magnolia and the collection is called Just Dreamy.

So do you even see my ribbon? haha. It's holding up my sentiment. I thought of trying to add more ribbon, but was at a loss as to where!

Hop on over now to the PMS Blog to see everyone else's cards!!!

7 comments:

Kim Monday, April 13, 2009  

So cute - love that paper piecing and the way you did your sentiment.

Lorie Monday, April 13, 2009  

What a cute card! Great use of your ribbon! I just got this cutie patootie turtle...can't wait to use him!

Tina Monday, April 13, 2009  

That turtle looks just fab with the dp for a shell, love it!

Kelly Schelske Monday, April 13, 2009  

So cute Kaite! Love the paper pieceing of that cute lil turtle!!

Christi Flores Monday, April 13, 2009  

I am having a hard time seeing your ribbon...hahaha!! You know I am SO kidding! This is too cute!!!!

Christine Riley Monday, April 13, 2009  

Too cute! I love the paper piecing on the turtle, great card! :)
Hugs, Christine

Ashley Newell Monday, April 13, 2009  

Very cute Katie! I love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP