Remembering my childhood with The Greeting Farm

>> Monday, January 19, 2009

Marie at The Greeting Farm is hosting a super fun challenge using one of her digi stamps. You can read all about her challenge here and you have until this wednesday (Janurary 21st) to enter! What have ya got to lose? Marie's drawing style is just awesome and all the images are fantastic. You should really check it out.

Ok, onto my card.

I was really feelin' my childhood when i made this card! The colors are very atypical for me but after maria mentioned My Little Ponies, i was so there! I was actually a bigger fan of Rainbow Brite! Seriously, i was rainbow brite 2 or 3 different halloweens! My mom just had to keep re-adjusting the costume so it would fit me the following year! So when i saw this cutie unicorn, i thought of Starlight ("the most magnificent horse in the universe"). Of course starlight wasnt a unicorn but his hair was multicolored. After i colored the image, i just went from there to make the card.
And at that point i have no idea what i did because i made this card at midnight while everyone else was asleep! So i may drag a little bit today, but at least i had fun last night cardmaking, right? :)

ETA: sorry, other deets on the card. The cardstock is PTI. I have no clue on the patterned paper. haha. And the sentiment is by stamping bella. :)

11 comments:

Danni Monday, January 19, 2009  

Super cute! I love the rainbow mane and tail!

Kelly Schelske Monday, January 19, 2009  

Too fun!! I loved Raibow Brite too!!

Ashley Newell Monday, January 19, 2009  

This is adorable Katie! I love it!

Rachel Monday, January 19, 2009  

Marie has the best stuff!

Mz Kel-z Monday, January 19, 2009  

Hey girl. Lovin the bright pony.. very tropical ;). Glad you finally decided to get on the "The Greeting Farm" wagon.. Digi is at leat the cheapest way to start, but get ready... MariE's stamps are very addicting!!!!

stampingtink Monday, January 19, 2009  

Too cute! I love the different colors and I also remember Miss Rainbow Bright! I love this sweetie!

Christi Flores Monday, January 19, 2009  

I too was a Rainbow Brite fan and still am! I have a doll of her in my scrap closet! LOL This is adorable!! I thought the deadline was today but since it's Wednesday I am SO playing along!!

StampinCathy Monday, January 19, 2009  

This is just adorable. Love the colors and details.

Fink Tuesday, January 20, 2009  

I just love it and had to go download it!!!!! Thanks a lot! Hee hee

GlitteryKatie Tuesday, January 20, 2009  

You are a BAD woman!!! I had to buy the Unicorn and an anya digi stamp because I'd seen these!! *grins*

Kim Tuesday, January 20, 2009  

Katie what a gorgeous card...and Rainbow Brite was one of my FAVORITES too along with My Little Ponies so this card total relates with me! I love it! thanks for taking me on a trip down memory lane!
Hugs~ Kim

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP