Lauren in Love Fairy Sneak peek

>> Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Sunday everyone! Phew. Sunday is my "mom" day where i do all my "mom" duties. Other than the ones i have to do everyday. It's the day I clip my coupons. i do a big grocery shop for the week. Do all laundry that hasnt been done yet. Gather all the stray dishes and do them. Put all the groceries away and tidy up the cupboards that have gone array. You know... mom stuff.

But after i got all that done, i put the baby down for a nap and convinced Jack he needed to play with daddy. So i made this card using "Lauren in Love", one of the fairies soon to be released from Paper Makeup Stamps.

First, here's the card...



A little background on the stamp itself. She is from the fairy line of Beautiful Day Fairies done by one of my WONDERFUL illustrators. Her name is Diem so Beautiful Day is a play on her name. In Vietnamese, Diem means "beauty". In Latin, it means "day". So we decided to combo it into Beautiful Day Fairies. :) They are all so pretty. I'm super stoked about them.

Jack (who will be 3 in just a little over a month, ack!) Named my fairies for me. I asked him what their names should be. He named them after his 3 favorite girl friends. Jack just LOVES his friend Lauren. They bicker like an old married couple sometimes, but he's in love. If she tells him to use his fork (and she will!) he'll use his fork. If i tell him, he looks at me and pushes it off the table. *sigh* Since this fairy it's sprinkling hearts to the ground, I decided on Lauren in Love. Isnt she sweet?

More deets on the card... I colored her with copics (bet ya coulda guessed that!) but i've been playing with my method a wee bit since i'll be teaching copic classes soon! And i've decided i want every single color ending in a 0 or a 1! Yep, it's my new favorite way of coloring with them. :)

I added lots of shimmer to the card using spicas which is always hard to see, but i tried my best to get an angel of light that you can see the super shimmer-i-ness of the card.

it's not full justice to the shimmer, but it's a start.

Thanks again for stopping by! I love to hear your comments and feedback! Thanks so much!

15 comments:

Javablustamper Sunday, January 18, 2009  

SUPER CUTE card, Katie! I LOVE the fairy and can't wait to see the rest of your stamp line!!! You are WAY TOO talented!!! LOVE the glittery on the wings!!!

Jamie Sunday, January 18, 2009  

That is such an adorable image.

Amy Sunday, January 18, 2009  

Katie:

I am absolutely in love with this image! So beautiful. AHHHHH another line of addictions to brace for. ;-) Oh well, it can't be helped.

Shaela Sunday, January 18, 2009  

SOOO cute! I can't wait for your grand opening/debut so I can see (and order) ALL these wonderful stamps! :) and I wish I could take your copic class, I really want to learn how to use those! :)

StampinCathy Sunday, January 18, 2009  

Adorable card. I just love this Fairy. Love all the bling you added to this card. Lovin all the sneak peeks.

Kim Sunday, January 18, 2009  

Katie, I am so SUPER EXCITED about your stamps...and after seeing this beauty Lauren I know I am going to be hooked! Oh no! hee hee! Lovely work!
Hugs~ Kim

Lindsay Spencer Monday, January 19, 2009  

She is darling! I love fairies. I can't remember when everything is going to be revealed. I can't wait!!!

Jackie Monday, January 19, 2009  

SO SO SO GORGEOUS I LOVE IT

Fonda @Southern Scraps Monday, January 19, 2009  

So cute. These are going to be some "must have" stamps.

Christi Flores Monday, January 19, 2009  

This is fantastic girl!!! I love how you did the heart and all that sparkle too! Wow!!

angelafsprouse Monday, January 19, 2009  

How lovely! I can't wait to see what other stamps you come out with!

Jaymerz Tuesday, January 20, 2009  

Katie this image is beautiful. I am so excited for you starting your own stamp company, can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Jessica Smith Thursday, January 22, 2009  

Wow she is so cute I can't wait. I love love love this image.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP