EtsyInspired Challenge #18

>> Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome back to another EtsyInspired Saturday! Sadly this is my last round as a guest designer with the EtsyInspired group. If you've enjoyed seeing my etsyInspired challenge cards this past month, dont worry, i'll still participate in the challenges, they'll just come later in the week. :)

This week's artist/shop is Autumn Russell and she is giving away one heck of a prize! Any of the original artwork in her shop valued at under $55 will be chosen by the winner this week and she has some fabulous stuff in there so definitely check it out!

I had such a hard time picking my inspiration piece because she just has so many good artworks to choose from! I WAS going to do a tree. She has some pretty cool trees. Then i WAS going to do a butterfly, since she has a couple of gorgeous ones. Then i was going to use one of her child art pieces because, well, i just love them and if i had a little girl i would SO be buying one to put in her room! But in the end, i decided to go with this beautiful ballerina because after dancing for 18 years (you didnt know i did that did ya!) ballerinas just tug on my heart strings.
Here is her beautiful ballerina...

Now let me just say... i thought her coloring choices were beautiful and unique. How she made them look so darn good i dont know! I tried to use the same ones and wasnt nearly as in awe of my colored image as hers! haha. Still, once i added the patterened paper from DCWV's Old World collection it seems to wrap up a little better. The image is Bellarina from Stamping Bella. She was my very first bella i owned (of course, because i love ballerinas!)
Here is my card...

She is colored with copic markers and then i added some platinum stickles to her dress, around her neck and to her hair for some extra bellariffic ness. :)

Now go check out the rest of the EtsyInspired Design team including Janurary's Guest Designer... Christine Jensen
Ashley Newell
Joy Stagg
Lee Murphy
Lindsay Spencer
Ryann Salamon
Tanis Giesbrecht
Tiffany Johnson

17 comments:

Mae Saturday, January 03, 2009  

I love your card & really like how all the colors come together. Great job.

Javablustamper Saturday, January 03, 2009  

It's BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE it!! You are SO talented, really!! Great job!

Shannon Roberts Saturday, January 03, 2009  

So unique ! And JUST GORGEOUS!!!

Mandi Saturday, January 03, 2009  

I think it turned out absolutely beautiful. Very nice job! :)

Katie Skiff Saturday, January 03, 2009  

I love it Katie!! That is so awesome!

Carol Saturday, January 03, 2009  

She really is beautiful. I love her hair, at first I thought it was a granny ballerina, then I saw that it was from the inspiration, that was cute!

Heather Schlatter Saturday, January 03, 2009  

Great Job Katie!!!

Your colring is very close to the image and you did a great job on the whole card!!!

Heather

Amy Saturday, January 03, 2009  

Beautiful! I love the coloring and the shimmer on her skirt. Great Job!

Ryann Saturday, January 03, 2009  

Oh I love this! And what a wonderful sentiment you used - it goes perfectly!!

Danni Saturday, January 03, 2009  

I think that it turned out so gorgeous! You did such an amazing job!!

Loreen Sunday, January 04, 2009  

Classic and stunning =)

Anonymous,  Sunday, January 04, 2009  

Very "artistic"!

Lisa H. Sunday, January 04, 2009  

you are right on with this one, Katie. I love how you did this sweet little bella!

Anonymous,  Sunday, January 04, 2009  

I really like the unusual color combo. She is a grand reflection of your inspiration piece. TYFS!

Shaela Sunday, January 04, 2009  

beautiful as always! I think I may have to get a few of those Bellas, you are making me drool with each new one you use! :)

de Friday, January 09, 2009  

This is beautiful! Your inspiration was right on! I need to get back into the Etsy challenge...

Jami Saturday, January 10, 2009  

love love love this card!! Awesome colors!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP