Starving Artist Pumpkinhead

>> Thursday, August 7, 2008

Well, i was going to save this post until a little later this week. But the whole idea of this card makes me giggle so i've decided to put it in front of my other creations from yesterday. If you were über excited about the jewel tone shimmer chalks... never fear, they are still coming. :)

But first....

So this is my first creation with this new stamp of mine. His name is "Pumpkinhead" and he is by Starving Artist Stamps I just love their doodlefactory stamps! Super cute and they always make me laugh! Ok - so here's the story on my card. While chatting away in the Recycling RAK thread on splitcoast stampers, my friend Dawn and I are talking about the new halloween doodlefactory creatures that are being designed! Now Dawn is as big of a starving artist fan as i. Check out her work and you are sure to find some great great great starving artist cards. But as we are talking and i mention how much i love Pumpkinhead and our other friend Mish laughs that pumpkinhead has long arms and a wonky eye. While this may be true, i still love him. So i made this card to send to her. Obviously the sentiment is handwritten. I tried to make the "font" match the style of the stamp. hehe.

Ok, so now that i bored you with the background story... onto the deets of the card itself. If you're a stampin up buyer... you may recall how they had a sale on prescored Wild Wasabi cards. I took the bait and bought them. Oh wait... they were on sale because they were scored completely wrong. haha. So i modified my scored card and cut one section off. it works. And it's great textured cardstock in one of my fav SU colors. Too bad they discontinued the color. grunt. The other cardstock is Pumpkin Pie (also by SU) and some random black i had. I punched the photocorners using the SU photo corner punch. I applied Liquid Glass by Close To My Heart on top of the photo corners just to give it added oompf. Edges are inked with Cat Eye chalk inks by Color Box. Stars on the side are from the Border Builder's set by SU. I was going to sell it... but there are so so many times i need a little star, or a little flower, etc to put in the background. So maybe i'll just keep it. Though this was the first time i've used it. hehe. Some black satin ribbon from my stash finishes off the card.

Thanks for looking! Leave a comment or email me if you have any questions!

4 comments:

Michelle and Gary Thursday, August 07, 2008  

yes he has the wonky eye...and longgg arms..but YOU have made him lovable and adorable...ONLY as YOU can do...with any image..on any card!

this is an wonderful card katie...its been fun talking about pumpkin head and having a few laughs..

youve done a beautiful job on this card! (keep that border builders set..its a handy one to have!)

dawnmercedes Thursday, August 07, 2008  

haha...I love the wonky eyed guy! Adorable!

Debby Thursday, August 07, 2008  

Too funny! I love it! Your sentiment is perfect!

Christi Flores Friday, August 08, 2008  

That sentiment cracks me up! LOL

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP