>> Monday, August 11, 2008

I actually created this card the other day when i was playing with my new jewel tone shimmer chalks by Pebbles Inc. i'm telling you.... i love these chalks! I learned a little trick that you can post to your blog days before (thank you Lauren Meader!) so i have a couple of posts ready for while i'm out of town! I just think this is fabulous! Haha. Ok, and on to the card!


I feel like this isnt a typical card for me. It's a little more subdued than what is my norm. However, i'm in the process of coming up with some card designs to do sets of for a fundraiser craft fair my church is doing in October. Seeing as i wont be able to do much October 1st when this craft fair is said to be, i'm trying to be a little ahead of the game! I'm also doing LOTS of stamping on candles and i'm so pleased with how they've turned out so far. I'll try to remember to take pictures of the ones done so far the next day i'm at the church crafting, but i've left them there so i cant post pictures now.

I started this card with a simple brown base and patterned paper by Anna Griffin. The stamp set is Everyday Blessings by PaperTrey . I love this set. The sentiments are fabulous and there are SO MANY in the set! I stamped the cross on the white cardstock and then stamped it out again on some scratch cardstock. The scratch cardstock i cut out and put a little removable adhesive on the back to use as a mask. (my super helpful tip is if you do this with a set, save your trimmed out image so you dont have to go thru the process the next time). After putting my mask on top of my stamped cross, i used the jewel tone chalks to add a shimmery halo around the cross. I did layer 2 colors for a little added depth, but it was so so easy! Then peel off your mask and viola! The shimmer looks fantastic, but it's very hard to capture the look on camera. So just trust me on this one. I then layered my sentiment on top. In my recreations of this card, i'll probably move the sentiment down as it's a little hard to read where it is now.

The stitching is actually just rubons by Kaiser Craft. I was pleased with how easily they came off the backing, but not pleased at how easily it stuck to my fingers! Just an FYI when you're handling them!

Thanks again for stopping by!!!!

2 comments:

Beth Tuesday, August 12, 2008  

Pre-blogging. Very cool.

Christi Flores Tuesday, August 12, 2008  

I love pre-blogging! :) Hope you're having fun while you're away. This card is gorgeous!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP