Papertrey ink birds of a feather

>> Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ok, so i'm posting twice for today! Because of my serious lack of posts from last week. :)

I was seriously hurting for some mojo when i made this card. I was feeling pretty nauseous and acid refluxy and i couldnt even concentrate let alone be crafty. But somehow this card emerged and i was actually quite happy with it. I will say i dont think it photographed nearly as nice as it turned out because you cant see all the shimmer and glitz. But since i discovered a new to me technique, i want to show it anyway.



Here is my sympathy card using Papertrey's Birds of a Feather. This set is just stunning to me. I just love the font on all the sentiments included. The sentiment and flowers on this card are also from this set.
I knew i wanted to use this set because i just wanted a very pretty sympathy card to send to someone from church. Remember my no mojo when starting this card. I picked out a bird and just stamped it on a piece of white cardstock. I also stamped out the with sympathy sentiment but ended up not using it.
I pulled out a scrap of one of my favorite patterned papers (maker is Graphic 45) I'm tellin ya, if i had an entire pad of this paper, it still wouldnt be enough. You may remember i used these papers for a set of cards i did awhile back using the same brown card base. I love blue and brown together. I then scalloped the scrap using my new Stampin Up Scallop Border Punch.
I inked the edges using Cat Eye Chalk Ink.
I then cut my birdie bird out using my Creative Memories circle custom cutting system and also did a mat out of another piece of scrap paper.
Then i looked at my card and i was stuck. Just simply stuck! So i decided to just stamp on the dark brown using white daisy pigment ink by Close to My heart (my fav for pigment white ink... and heads up, ctmh has decided to do their vanilla cream and colonial white in the pigment base as well! Oh i am just so so so excited!!!) I was going to just stamp my flower once, but then it just grew and grew. Also to note, this is a 3 step flower so i was able to position each piece just where i wanted it on the card. This is one of my favorite aspects of the PaperTrey stamps!
So now what... i thought as my mojo was still a little slack (though i was feeling a little better as my card started to come together. Thats when i remembered my jewel tone chalks by Pebbles Inc that i just bought! I had no idea how i was going to use them, but i was bound and determined. Now i'm sure many of you reading this are probably saying oh yes i chalk over ink all the time. Well this gal had never even thought of it! Not with a color ink at least. I use chalks ALL THE TIME with versamark. So i wanted to test it out. Now the key to get this technique to work for me was to pounce the chalk not rub. I was loosing the image of my flower when i rubbed. So i alternated my colors and just pounced a bit on top of the white flowerand suddenly before my eyes was this beautiful shimmer among my flowers. Needless to say, stumbling on a new technique definitely kicked up my mojo. I then stamped out my with sympathy sentiment also in white daisy but left it solo so it would pop out. I did then take my atyou spica pen in clear and just added glitz all over the . It's all around the sentiment, within the flowers and outlining my birdie bird. Now let me tell you, my atyou spica pen is one of my favorite "tools" but i've never gotten it to photograph how stunning it really is. So i highly suggest you buy one to see for yourself. You'll be pleased, i guarantee it!!
Some simple 1/8" satin brown ribbon finishes off my card. And there is my mojo-less card which i thought turned out pretty sweet.

3 comments:

Andrea Saturday, August 09, 2008  

Oh wow, great card.
xAndrea

Beth Saturday, August 09, 2008  

Nice! Sympathy cards are the hardest to do, I think.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP