Baby Shower Thank Yous

>> Saturday, August 9, 2008


I stayed up a wee bit too late making baby thank yous. Ok, so i was chatting with a friend online at the same time otherwise i would have been done much earlier. Anyhoo - i wanted the cards to be cute, but simple. And they needed to be easy enough to do assembly line style and not cost too terribly much per card. I had yet to use my Sweet Thing set by Stampin Up (how often do you hear me say that... hehe, ok, so i think about every post i'm using something i havent gotten around to using yet. do i shop too much?). But i was thrilled with how easily they came together and how easy it was. All the stamps used on the card front are from the Sweet Thing set but there are other stamps in the set that i could have used as well. I'm so glad i got this set before it retired this year!

So here's my super easy card. First i cut my 8.5 x 11 white cardstock "hot dog style". Ok, so the whole hot dog style thing is from when i used to teach sunday school. It just means cutting or folding in half the long way. Then i scored and the half way point. This is a very popular way to do cards i've seen more and more lately. Its a nice change if you've been folding your cards the "standard way" as i have been.

I stamped the circle stamp (in soft sky; SU) somewhat hap haphazardly on the front allowing some of the circles to hang over the edges. I used my swiss dots folder by cuddlebug to emboss A2 sized pieces of cardstock (this is important as a time saver if you're making multiple cards. I then cut that into thirds for my card.) I used the SU scallop border edge along the brown cardstock and layered it under the embossed cardstock. Ribbon tied around the top of the card and the stamped sentiment (in desert sand, CTMH) complete the card. I also stamped a simple Thank You in the sam brown on the inside of my card. However it could easily be switched to Congratulations or even a baby announcement.

Thanks for stopping by! And as always, comments are welcome and if you have any questions, feel free to email me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP