CC Designs, Bear Hugs

>> Wednesday, August 27, 2008


This is a card i made to showcase at The Scrapbook Company (one of my local stores, and the store that i teach at). I was basically given a paper line (one i happen to like quite a bit) and asked to make some cards to show off the paper. So cards i made! I'd still like to make a couple more (so far i have 2). But for today i'll just show the one i made with my new CC Designs stamp that just arrived in the mail today! You can pick up the stamp set yourself at All That Scraps. You'll notice if you take a peekie poo at the stamp set that the bears are actually 2 separate stamps. I made a mask of the bear sitting down (see details on masking at end of post) and stamped the other bear to be standing slightly behind him. The bears were colored in with twinkling h20's. It's a medium that i use far less regularly than my beloved copics but give a beautiful shimmery finish (and it's a coloring medium they sell in the store - another bonus for them!).
The patterned paper is by Cherry Arte as is the chipboard tag that i simply covered with paper. All cardstock used is by Bazzill.

The sentiment stamp has a funny story to it that i just must share. It's by Studio G and i know i've used this particular sentiment time and time again because i think it's just so cute. Then as i stamped it out, i gasped! There was a typo! The word Little actually said Litte - there was no second "L". The sentiment was still perfect in size for the littl circle that was already punched out of my little chipboard tag, so i simple drew a straight line after my t so finish the word. Still, i'm so so sad as i love this sentiment and i just with it was spelled correctly! I'm wondering if i just got a boogered stamp or if they are all this way! All in all, i find it pretty amusing. This is what i get for using a stamp that came from a set that was only a buck. But what am i saying... i do love the studio g's! I think i have them all! hahaha!


Ok - here's some tips i have for masking. Masking if you havent seen a tutorial before, or read a blurb on my blog about it... is super super easy. Basically all you have to do is stamp out an extra image of your stamp on a scrap sheet of paper. Then just cut the image out right against the black line. Some people prefer to do this using a post it note so they have a sticky back. This also works well because the paper is thin leaving little distortion against the 2 images. I however, prefer to use a scratch piece of cardstock because i never throw a mask away (ok, i do when it's no good anymore). I then put a bit of repositionable adhesive on the back and i stick it inside of the stamp case so it can be used next time.
Ok, that said, you've made your mask. Now stamp that same image onto what paper or cardstock you plan on using. Apply your mask right on top of your already stamped image and then stamp again where you want your image to appear to be behind the first image. Now in my case today, my cardstock mask made it a little more difficult to get a crisp image right up to my first image. I just took a simple black pen (in this case my favorite fine tip by creative memories) and drew in the teeny missing part. Easy as pie!

Thanks for visiting and if you have any other questions that i didnt cover, feel free to leave a comment! But please remember to leave me an email or a way to contact you to answer your question!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP