a new technique

>> Monday, August 18, 2008



It isnt the best picture in the world... i took it in my car! Yep, thats right, it was sitting on my lap in my car. Haha. I was taking this thank you card over to my friends house since she was hosting a cookout for my "mom's group". But she's also a cardmaker (and a fab one at that) and she was my guinea pig for a stamping technique i had wanted to try, and then i forgot to take a picture! Argh.

Anywoo - the technique is to stamp on good thick vellum (like vellum cardstock - regular vellum is too thin for this and your likely to tear it). Stamp your image (mine is the August Stamp of the Month from Great Impressions). I actually then heat set the image but mainly because it still looked wet and i know vellum isnt as porous as other papers. Turn your vellum over and then run a stylus tool in the areas you want to emboss. I chose just inside of the leaves. On the other side the leaves will turn white where embossed. I then colored in the leaves on both sides to make sure the color really popped. I just used my copic markers because i did want to do a little bit of shading but you could use whatever markers you prefer. And that's that!

There are flowers on the stamp, but i wasnt thrilled with how i colored them plus i wanted even more dimension so i used some itsy bitsy primas i had. I did line underneath the vellum with another piece of cardstock but only because i wanted to hide the back of the brads from where i attached the flowers. If you were using large enough flowers that the brad fasteners wouldnt show thru, then it wouldnt be a problem. I also scallopped the edge of my vellum only with the SU scallop border punch and used the word window punch which after i punched i thought, you know i shouldnt have done that, but it was done. And punching on the card itself is like cutting hair... you just cant put it back! So i left it and stamped a Thank You from Technique Tuesday's Simple Sentiments.

And that was my card! :)

4 comments:

Beth Monday, August 18, 2008  

That turned out great! I'll have to take a look at it next time I'm at Molly's.

Kim Monday, August 18, 2008  

BEAUTIFUL card! I just bought this stamp last week so I am excited that you posted this! How adorable and a great technique. I think I am going to have to try this one!
Hugs~ Kim

Christi Flores Monday, August 18, 2008  

This is beautiful!!! I am going to have to try this technique out!

angelafsprouse Monday, August 25, 2008  

This card is so pretty! I like that technique. Last time I tried to heat emboss on vellum, it curled up and would not cooperate. It sounds like I may have been using the thin vellum.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP