PMS Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge!!!

>> Friday, February 5, 2010



Ugh, i absolutely can not take this weather here anymore! It totally has be down in the dumps!
My craft room is at a stand still until i get some new furniture...
it's next to impossible to craft out of boxes!

All that said, i thought to myself today, i need something to perk me up!
I wonder what the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge for PMS tomorrow is (I dont have anything to do with the challenges, that's all arranged by the design team coordinator extraordinaire... Christi)
Well, i'll be a monkey's uncle... This week's challenger is Danni Bindel and the challenge is anything with pink and sparkles.
If there is anything that is going to perk up a gloomy spirit.... it's something pink a sparkly!

And as luck would have it, daddy got home so my 3 year old tore downstairs to see him and at that moment, my 16 month old decided he wouldnt mind taking a little snooze! My luck!
So i got to coloring! It's been far too long since i've played with my copics! As in almost a week! This is unheard of for me!!!

Here's what i came up with...



It's not quite as sparkly as i suppose it could be, though i did use some spica pen in her hair and on her clothing that doesnt show up well in the photo. The flowers are SUPER sparkly though!
I like the color pink, but i have a mild obsession (to use the term lightly) with the color grey.
I seriously just need a big pack of grey patterned paper. This paper is from a 6x6 hostess pack from SU that I have been hoarding because i'm afraid of running out!

I loooooove this moody girl named Moody for Fun. She's definitely one of my favorites. I think it's her hair. :) P.s i'm so bored with my hair right now... i need to do something to it!

Here is a couple close up shots...




Now i do apologize.... i know i normally give you all the color details, but this card uses the Copic Munkie bundle colors of the month and I'm going to let them use it as a sample and since the bundle colors are only available to club members, i can't reveal them BUT you can check out the Copic Munkie Blog for some info on bundle colors every month as well as contact the store (Funkie Munkie Scraps) about club info. :) PS Rachel has done a faboosh job coloring a different moody girl with these colors, so you can check that out on the Copic Munkie blog as well.

Ok, well i'm pooped and I actually have a tutorial to film while everyone is in bed and it's already after midnight so i'm going to cut this post short, get it scheduled up and then get to work. Pray that my coffee machine works in the morning and that they dont cancel school because i'm not sure i'll be able to handle my wild one on little sleep! hahaha!

Don't forget if you want to play along with the challenge to link up your card to Mr. Linky on the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge PMS post...
Every challenge for the entire month we are giving a stamp set away! You dont want to miss it!




Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps

Paper
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Grey, both from SU
Patterned Paper: From SU hostess pack (retired)

Tools
Labels from Spellbinder (large)

Accessories
velvet rick rack ribbon from American Crafts
Sparkle Flowers by Prima
Smaller inside flowers, prima
rhinestone brad from the $ spot at Target

Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Friday, February 05, 2010  

Such a great card! I love mixing pink with grey! I forgot how awesome this Moody is, so I'm going to have to get her out and play!

Anonymous,  Friday, February 05, 2010  

hehehe....I hope you've had a lot of coffee and your little man is at school!!
I LOVE the coloring on this Katie but you always blow me away with it. Fabulous card :)

Randee E Friday, February 05, 2010  

So fun Katie! I love how you made her a little funky with the pink streak :0) Very hip! Your coloring is just awesome.

Shaela Friday, February 05, 2010  

great card - can't wait for the tutorial!

Gabby Friday, February 05, 2010  

She's gorgeous! Love the way you added a streak of pink in her hair.

Danni Friday, February 05, 2010  

Wonderful card! Love it!

Tracey Saturday, February 06, 2010  

This is a gorgeous card Katie!! I love the colour combo!! xx

Christine Riley Saturday, March 06, 2010  

Wow, Katie, what a gorgeos card, I love that image!
Hugs, Christine

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP