My Time Made Easy February Release, day 2

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010


And I'm back with my 2nd project for the My Time Made Easy release!!!

First let me say that my internet is hating me tonight! It wont let me on a lot of websites and blog posting is a big ol pain in the batooski! Thank goodness all the kiddos went to bed early! Don't want them hear the little wordies coming out of my mouth at my computer tonight! haha! But I really do apologize that I cant link to the specific places on the My Time Made Easy website. I'll try to get back in there tomorrow morning to link things up appropriately.

Now if you read my post yesterday, you already heard me gush about the über cuteness of the templates, stamps, digi papers, cut files, digi stamps and um, i think i caught them all! Seriously, the MTME designers have outdone themselves this month!

The template i get to show you today might possibly be my favorite paper template of all time.
I didnt realize it at first. I did think it was very cute from the start, but as i started working with it, and realized all the endless possibilities to go inside it... i am just so excited to work with it again and again! This template is called You've Got Mail and it's another mailbox, but what in the style of what i call a "blue box".


Well, i didnt make my "box" blue. :) I decided to work off of one of my favorite digi papers being released this month. This umbrella paper is available in the Loving Heart digi paper pack. So for my template i used the following colors of cardstock from Couture Cardstock...
Candied Apple (red), Nomad (yellow), Ganache (brown)


Here is a straight on view of the You've Got Mail template. I also used the You've Got Mail stamp set to embellish my box a bit. This super fun stamp set has so many opportunities for use! There is a line art mailbox (which will be super fun to color) but there is also some solid stamps to stamp inside of the line art image. So i just took those solid images and stamped them out in coordinating ink colors. I then hand cut them and matted them on brown cardstock witch thick tape underneath each layer to help them really pop!

Here is a close up of the front of the box...

For the center i used one of the stamps from the You've Got Mail stamp set. In this set there 6 different fun centers. I used the umbrella to match the paper used, but then i decided i wanted to give it just a little something extra so i handcut out one of the umbrellas from the digi paper and then added some teeeeeeny tiny pearls by Kaisercraft for the ultimate pop out.

But here is my absolutely favorite part of this template...
Look at how this opens!

It's so simple! But looks fantastic! It leaves so much room in there! My thought for this project is that this is part of the party favor for a shower and all sorts of things could be put inside... a game... some treats to eat ... some other party favor. And it closes back up as easily as it opens! With no extra closers needed.

Now here's a better view of my matching card. This card was really meant to be the invite to the shower. I kept it fairly simple, because since most invites are done in an assembly line fashion, you need something easy to mass produce.


The sentiment (that you can see even better below) is also from the You've Got Mail stamp set.
To acheive a little bit of continuity between the 2 projects (other than the paper, colors, etc) i used the same thin brown satin ribbon threaded thru a simple brown button like that is on top of the mailbox. It may be a detail no one notices, or maybe everyone will! But it's also something you could tie to the rest of your shower decorating. Think of tying the ribbon around napkin place settings and securing with a button. You could also do this around cups, etc. The little attention to details like that can help you also decorate inexpensively but with a big impact!



So thats my project! Now if only I had someone to throw a shower for! HAHAHAHA!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the My Time Made Easy design team! They all have worked up some fabulous projects to get your juices flowing!

Stamps:
My Time Made Easy Pretty Impressions acrylic stamps, You've Got Mail

Tools
My Time Made Easy Pretty Packaging template, You've Got Mail
Nestabilities, Large Scalloped Circle
Word Window Punch (SU)

Paper:
Cardstock by Cardstock Couture, Candied Apple, Nomad, Ganache
Digital Paper by My Time Made Easy, Pretty Printables
A Loving Heart: Umbrellas

Inks:
Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Buttercup (Close to my heart)
Holiday Red (Close to my heart)

Accessories:
Ribbon: Brown Satin (offray), Very vanilla (SU)
Buttons from American Crafts
Adhesive Pearls by Kaisercraft (in yellow)


Thanks so much for stopping by! If you are actually coming by in the wee hours of the morning, come back by at 8am for the Paper Makeup Stamps birthday hop!

9 comments:

Catherine Couch Doucette Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

Katie~ this is just so cute, all of the umbrellas!! LOVE it! :0)

Lauren (mytime) Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

Katie great minds......we did similar projects today! Love this. The botton on he top is so cute! The card was a perfect match!

Mona Pendleton Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

Katie, this is so sweet & cheerful! I love the teensy weensy pearls on the umbrella! So adorable!

Christi Flores Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

OMG girl this is TOO stinkin' cute!!!!

Lisa Kind Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

Oh I love it! That dp is one of my favs! What a cute idea, too!

AKiteFlier Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

Katie - this is just über cute - I LOVE those umbrellas - you've done a great job of matching them up with the card/invite - love the tiny pearls on the umbrella on the front. Great color combo too. :-)

FibreJunky Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

THat is beyond adorable. And I need more hours in my day.

MsJay Tuesday, February 09, 2010  

I love this oven project and the papers just set it off. Thanx for the visual

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP