I finally found it!

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010


My camera! hahaha! My camera often goes missing in my house as my VERY soon to be 4 year old loves to take pictures! I've been hunting for days.... and i finally found it! Ok, so this time it was in a coat pocket, completely not the kiddos fault! Now i'm missing the charger, go figure.

Those who know me, know that i LOOOOOOVE coloring in monotone particularly black and white. In fact, a long while ago i did a black and white copic coloring tutorial that you can see here.

Over the weekend i had the pleasure of teaching the copic munkies at Funkie Munkie Scraps.
I decided to revisit the idea of coloring in black and white but this time used the Cool grey copics.
here is what I came up with!


Although the card is simple (side effect of taking some time off, i always lose my mojo!)
I was please with how the card turned out.

My image is one of the Miss Anyas from The Greeting Farm and the sentiment is from an unloved set of mine from Stampin Up called From the Heart.
I also used my new big polka dot embossing folder from Quickutz. Thanks to Julee Tilman, i saw 1 card of hers using it and i did a quick online search to buy it!

Here's a closeup shot of the image....



Ok, thats all i have for you today! Now i have to jet to get some things in order for a certain someone's birthday tomorrow! :)

9 comments:

Michelle VP Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

Wow! You are a coloring master. :) Love all the subtle tones you are able to reflect in your coloring. :)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

Katie, this is jaw dropping GORGEOUS!!! SO glad you found your camera :)

Tracey Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

Incredible Katie!! You blow me away with your colouring skills! xx

angelafsprouse Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

Love it!! I'm still working on this technique :)

Heidi Wednesday, February 24, 2010  

Katie this is wonderful, I will have to come back and review your tutorial as black/white is one I have not mastered.

Unknown Wednesday, February 24, 2010  

oh I am so sorry! I have the same problem with losing things!! It's sooo frustrating. Right now my metal ruler with a cork back is lost. I blogged about it so I will spare you the details if you saw it already. I think ther eis a mean little elf in this house b/c I can not possibly be that scatterbrained!

Jami Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Hey Girl!! what a great card!! I just love the B&W effect, and your tutorial rocks!! I *need* to get the W0 I thinks! {hugs}

♥Rach♥ Saturday, March 13, 2010  

Your b&w shading is just out of this world! Beautiful, beautiful job :0)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP