It's time to rethink!

>> Sunday, February 7, 2010

I took a quiz from Bare escentuals (in which you can win free makeup or possibly a trip to paris!)
It's called www.rethinkwhatmatters.com. Simple little quizzes really, did you know what you wanted to be when you grew up (check!), etc.

Well the idea of Rethinking... that was a fun one! My good friends Tangii and Christi had come up with the idea to redo our first PMS cards in honor of Paper Makeup Stamps first birthday.
How much fun is that idea! That idea, comboed with the BE quiz.... and i thought, yes, let's all RETHINK! I think it might be my new favorite word! And i never did that word challenge where you pick a word for the year.... so i'm doing it now! RETHINK! (next week's challenge, rethink my craft room... hehe)

So anyhoo.... here's a link to my very first post about Paper Makeup Stamps. The one where i announced the whole thing! :) I wasnt sure if this card really qualified as my first, since the squirrel on the card is a drawing, not a stamped image. But from that drawing came the Nuts About You set. Funny thing about this set... i discovered after my first release... perhaps i did better conveying to other illustrators what images i wanted rather than trying to draw my own! hahahahahahah!

Here is my reworked version of the card...


I definitely think i'm a better crafter than i was a year ago.
I can use my copics better as i've have tons more practice.
I'm not as afraid of layers as i think i once was.
I have more tools, more embossing folders, more embellishments, more punches.
Perhaps i have too much. I really need to RETHINK all that an scale back to make my room more manageable! Actuall, thats already in progress and i'll have a for sale list here in the next week or so!

If you'd like to see christi's first card... and read more about the challenge, go on over to the company blog!

For now, i was late getting this post up, and i have to get ready for church! I have about 10 minutes! YIPES! So i'll come back in and edit in the "deets" (copics used, tools used, etc) after church! :)

3 comments:

Shaela Sunday, February 07, 2010  

what a great remake! You can definitely see the improvements over the last year, isn't that fun? I'm horrified of showing off my first PMS card... but hopefully I can redeem myself with the remake, lol!

Anonymous,  Sunday, February 07, 2010  

Super cute Katie :)

Amy Monday, February 08, 2010  

Love that! That squirrel is adorable!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP