The Sky's the Limit!

>> Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have a card that i made for no reason at all! Oh sure, i have sneak peeks to work on, cards for friends i should make, samples for my classes, etc. But i really wanted to use this set and my new paper i got the other day! So this card was born!

At first i was hating it... but in the end i really love how it turned out...

Here is try number 1.... i liked it, but i didnt like how i could barely read the sentiment. I know people stamp on patterned paper all the time and i love how it looks on THEIR cards, but never on my own!


So i restamped it on a scrap piece of white and then matted it. Which do you like better?



This paper is the new paper is all from the new collection called Simple Pleasures by 3 Bugs in a Rug (for my locals... Funkie Munkie Scraps has this paper!). If you loved the In Colors from last year... (which i did) you will love this paper collection! The colors matches perfectly! In fact all the cardstock on my card is Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango and Red Ridinghood. Since i have all the inks and reinkers, and cardstock for eons that i bought because i had all the inks and reinkers... i think i'll be picking up myself some more of this paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here some detail shots...

I cut out the balloon with my NEW LABELS 9 nestabilties die (shameless plug, Paper Makeup Stamps has all the new nesties in... if I'm out of stock on anything, shoot me an email because i'm getting ready to reorder soon!) I stamped the balloon image (from Fly Away by The Greeting Farm 3 times. Well, actually 4 times. I stamped once on my neenah and colored it in, then cut it out and set it aside. I stamped it again and just colored my edges because i planned on popping the other cut out on top of it. I stamped it a third time and cut it out so that i could use it as a mask with my Copic Airbrush. The 4th time i stamped it over my cardfront just so that my tail would peek out under the cutout piece. Seems like a lot of work, but balloons are very easy to cut out, so it was no biggie. :)


Last month the Farmerz Club i'm a member of (for fans of the Greeting Farm Stamps) the challenge was to use shrink paper. Well, i knew i wanted to shrink the clouds from this set. I was going to work on it at the club meeting but the heat tool has mysteriously disappeared, and then i never got around to it. But i still wanted to do it at some point! So I shrank my little clouds so they were itsy bitsy and kind of button like. So stinkin' cute!



So thats my card for ya today. :) Now i'm off to Frankie's Fun Park with the fam and then back home to work on all my sneak peek cards for next week! ACK! :)



Stamps:
Fly Away from The Greeting Farm

Coloring:
Balloon: BG10, BG11, BG72, R21, R24, R59, E55, E31, E57
Sky airbrushed with B000

Paper:
Patterned Paper 3 Bugs in a Rug (Simple Pleasures collection)
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah), Kiwi Kiss (SU), Tangerine Tango (SU), Red Ridinghood (SU)

Tools and Accessories
Shrinky Dink paper
Spellbinders Labels 9 die
Copic Airbrus
Pop Dots

4 comments:

Tracey Sunday, August 30, 2009  

I really like both of the cards Katie. I wonder if the sentiment would stand out better on the first one if you heat embossed it?!?!?!

Love the image and papers you used!

Anonymous,  Sunday, August 30, 2009  

The sentiment did fade away on the first one. SUPER CUTE :)

Shaela Monday, August 31, 2009  

this set is on my wishlist at TGF. :) and just so you know... October Afternoon has one of their older lines that also matches last year's In Colors perfectly - I love it! :) I'll get you the name if you're really interested

Randee E Monday, August 31, 2009  

So Gorgeous!! Love it all! The colors are so yummy :0) I like the sentiment on white, but not with the red bg. Maybe as a litle banner flag with a slight wave to it . . . my 2 cents

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP