Back to ME

>> Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I promise i havent fallen off the face of the earth. I have been taking a bit of time to re-evaluate a few things and mostly, reorganize my life! This all started a few weeks back when i decided i was a wee bit fed up with the rut i felt i had put myself in. I had the permanent "mama-do" hair goin on. Pulled permanently back in a pony tail, whether it was clean or not. I rarely put makeup on, even though it's part of my career and i love makeup. My house never really even got organized from when we moved here 3 years ago. I still have picture frames in stacks waiting to be hung on the walls. Dont even get me started on my wardrobe. I had very little that fit me. It was either too big from clothing i needed to buy after i had kids and couldnt fit into my prebaby clothes, or they were prebaby clothes and didnt fit! All of these things make me not feel like who I am as a person. I like trendy clothes while at the same time, i like to be a little different. I LOOOVE makeup, even when i dont put a lot on. I like to constantly change up my hair style, color and cut. This is me. Where did i go? Where did my apartment that fit my husband and my personality go? Where did my constant state of knowing what was "in and out" whether it was music, fashion, makeup or just world news go? Did i leave it all behind in California?

Now dont get me wrong. I love my family. I love being a mom. I love the crafting world that i dove into after i moved. But there just seemed to be something missing. And i finally figured out what it was... ME!

So i got my hair cut (love it! I have a hairstylist here in South Carolina now! Woot! Her name is Britney and she works at Ulta!)
I went thru the attic and my closet and took 8 bags of clothing to good will! and not little bags. 8 monstorously large garbage bags. It felt oh so good.

I went shopping! A LOT! haha. A different place for a different everyday. I picked up clothing in my budget, but also in my style. All while remembering i'm 28, not 21! :) Or even 17 for that matter! The only thing i'm really lemming yet is a great pair of light tan cowboy boots! Oh i will find you!

I reorganized every closet in my home to make sure things were stored properly. This was a very large undertaking for my linen closet in the master bathroom because it's dedicated entirely to my makeup business. This also meant going thru my entire makeup kit (there is an unmentionable amount of money worth of makeup in there, remember this was my sole profession before the kiddos!) and i threw out what was old. And am ordering some replacements. :) New makeup is fun.

I got some new tunes for my iPod.

I have also been reorganizing what is known as the "rubber room" in my home. It should be the dining room, but it has been dedicated to everything PMS. I got a new storage unit for the stamps that i LOVE. Everything else is still in the process of being redone. But i'm working on it!

So - all these things have taken me away from my blog and from papercrafting (not from the stamp business... my extra craft time has been dedicated to getting the next release schedule and in preparation!). I miss papercrafting! This is a good thing. I needed to miss it. I needed to miss all of you! My loyal readers! If i have any left after my hiatus! hahahaha.

So i do apologize my my lack of posting this past week. Now that things are in a state to actually help me get things done, i can return to trying to do it all. :)

But here's a picture of my new "do"


Now it's back to some organzing and maybe even a little bit of crafting! Woot woooooot! :)

Thanks everyone for bearing with me! Things should start to return to normal around here! :)

13 comments:

Nancy Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Great new do, Katie!! I completely hear you about losing yourself sometimes! Kudos to you for figuring it out and doing something about it! Sometimes having an orderly household can really make other things fall into place! Congratulations!

Andrea Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Great job on taking the time to figure it out! Better that than losing yourself completely and becoming an old bitty that resents the world for her place in life. Having children does change you, but you don't want to lose the heart of your self. It is always good to take a step back and figure out what you really need and want. Enjoy finding yourself again...and you look beautiful!!

Shaela Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

way to go Katie, woohoo! You know I love you and wouldn't leave... even if you took a ten-year hiatus, hahaha. :) love the new look.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Sounds like you and I hit a similar slump. I just switched up my hair today and decided this year (school year) I wasn't going to live in sweats...well somedays..but not all of them. Good for you on all you've done, love the hair :)

Heather Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Katie, your new "do" looks great! I can totally relate to just about everything you post (except the part of being 28...oh how I wish I was 28 and not almost 35). I stepped down from a few dt's and started concentrating on things are really important...me and my family. I'm sure you will find that taking the time for yourself and regrouping will do wonders for you! You will always have us dedicated group of blog readers no matter how long of a hiatus you take!

Meli Palmer Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Katie - this all sounds fabulous. NOTHING feels better (to me) than a nice, clean and ORGANIZED home and some new clothes! Throw in a fresh haircut and you are all set.

What new tunes did you put on the Ipod??? I am a music freeeeak.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Great new hairstyle!! Great job on all you have accomplished!!! I have found the same thing for my self. I am trying to get back on track as well. I actually found time for me when I started crafting rather than just focusing on the kids. Now I need to find more of me and get things in order like you have! Congrats!!

angelafsprouse Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Wow! Sounds like you have been on a very exciting journey and have discovered yourself once again. Love the new style! We're glad you're back :)

Danni Wednesday, August 19, 2009  

Sometimes we have to stop and find ourselves again. Glad you realized it was time to do that!
Your photo is gorgeous!!

Unknown Thursday, August 20, 2009  

Fab new do & pic! I'm still feeling a bit lost so I'm glad to hear there is a way out! I just totally redid our dining room into a craft studio...I'm hoping that will be a start of getting organized too :)

Stampin_melissa Thursday, August 20, 2009  

Great do! Wanna come organize me?? :D

FibreJunky Friday, August 21, 2009  

You are totally fab. I can't believe you have that much energy! Can you please send some a little bit north? I could sure use it.

Hmph. My verification word is awfully close to "dowdier"

Randee E Friday, August 21, 2009  

I am so right there with you girl! I have about 10 years worth of stamping supplies that need a major purge. But I think it will take me longer than a week to get my stuff organized :0) Kudos to you for finding some quality "me" time. You now the saying . . ."If mama ain't happy, nobodys happy!" :0)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP