PMS sneak peek day 1 with a PMS challenge to boot!

>> Monday, August 3, 2009

Yes it is TIME! Time for all those wonderful sneak peeks to start! Those sneak peeks that i've been working my tail end off to finish before i left to visit my Grandmother (who might I add, at 95 looks AMAZING!)

Today i get to show you a cutie patootie little fairy appropriately named Teddy.

Here's my card...


As soon as Lisa Kind (this weeks design team member in charge for the monday challenge) told me she wanted us to create our own DP... i just KNEW i wanted to use the clouds from the Raindrops and Rainbows set. Now that this set has been rubberized... yes, thats right, the raindrops and rainbows set will be available in RUBBER on August 7th! That makes these clouds perfect and simple to use to create backgrounds to your fairies!

First i masked Teddy, and then stamped some clouds right onto the paper he was on because i liked the outline effect. I then stamped some extra clouds to create a mask over the clouds. Then i used my Copic Airbrush (i told you i'm becomming addicted to that thing.... no card is complete without it!). I also masked the ground separate from the sky and drew in some grass. Here's a close up of the image...



I also used the clouds again for some DP in the background because i didnt think altering the background of the image was enough for this challenge. :) It was super easy though, i just inked them up in white craft ink and stamped a random patterned on my cardstock and VIOLA, custom DP! And since i used the clouds in the image, it matched perfectly!

Now, my backgroud was not the only thing i airbrushed! I couldnt find a button to match my cardstock i used. I was like seriously!? Out of ALL the buttons i own (and i own a lot of buttons, 3 full size ball jars and 1 über cute bottle that my friend Tangii made for me that i'll show you later after the sneak peeks are over!) and in all that i didnt have the perfect button! So i matched my cardstock to a copic marker, airbrushed away and i had a perfect button. Man i love my airbrush! :) It helps that i have every copic marker color besides 2 (and i'm still missing some greys and the florescents).

And now...



Stamps: All stamps from Paper Makeup Stamps
Soon to be released in Rubber: Teddy the Fairy, Raindrops and Rainbows (already available as a digi set)
Sentiment is from Guilty Gorilla

Coloring/Copics
Skin: E00, E21, E11 (cheeks), R20 (mouth)

Hair: Custom Color "Y20", Y21, YR23
Shirt: G20, G21, G24
Pants: B91, B93
Teddy Bear: E30, E33, E35
Suspenders/Shoes: E35, E37 (more on the E37)
Wings: T0
Airbrush Sky: B91
Airbrush Ground: G21, grass drawn in with G24 which didnt show as much as i wanted, so gone back in with G28)

Paper:
Solar White Classic Crest by Neenah
Blue by The Paper Studio
Green is Pear by Bazzill Basics

Tools and Accessories:
Copic Airbrush (colors listed above)
New Punch by Stampin Up and for the life of me I cant remember the name and im out of town without access to my catty!)
Brads by Spare Parts
White Grosgrain ribbon
Button by Creative Cafe by airbrushed to match

Thank you SO much for stopping by!  Dont forget to check out the other 2 fairies being sneak peeked today on the PMS blog and keep checking back in all week for more fairies, more wordart, and just more FUN!  :)

8 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Monday, August 03, 2009  

He's very cute! I love how you airbrush....that's just very very cool!

Shaela Monday, August 03, 2009  

soooo cute, I love it!

Tracey Monday, August 03, 2009  

Oh my! Your card is just fabulous and he is super cute!!

Kim Monday, August 03, 2009  

Katie, I love Teddy & your clouds are amazing!

Unknown Monday, August 03, 2009  

Teddy is so cool. Airbrushing sound fun, I decided to go for promarkers instead of copics and noticed that they have an airbrush kit.....is that another thing to add to my birthday list for December ????Hugs Avril xxx

Lisa Kind Monday, August 03, 2009  

This is so cute, Katie! I'm thinking about that airbrush system! I didn't think I'd want it, but I'm rethinking that! Love how you created you bg!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, August 04, 2009  

He is so cute and I LOVE the little scene you put him in!

Meli Palmer Tuesday, August 04, 2009  

This is one of my favorite cards EVER from you! It is so bright and cheerful and the landscape is just gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP