back once again

>> Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sorry for yet another 5 day hiatus from my blog!  Bad bad me!  This time i couldnt find my camera charger!  ARGH!  If it's not one thing, it's another, right?  Well, now i actually do have some fun things planned for you!  So i'm hoping my old mojo returns with it!  I've also decided to start up a new blog for makeup things.  So far it just has one of my older tutorials from makeup monday on it (the 3 minute makeup).


Here's my question to you... would you prefer to have things like tutorials only posted on the makeup blog... or did you like the makeup monday that i used to have on here?  Suggestions and feedback are always welcome!!!!

Here's my card for you today....


I made this card for my sister.  She is the ULTIMATE dog lover!  She has 2 furbabies of her own.  And in fact, this fairy is named after her!  It's the MeMe fairy which is what my kids call her (Aunt MeMe) though her name is actually Michelle.  :)  My sister also loves sunflowers!  She even has a sunflower tattoo so after some somewhat lengthy searching for a good sunflower stamp with my friend, Rachel I picked up a set of flowers and things by Recollections from Michael's.    It has a few different flowers and a lady bug and butterfly in the set and the style of the drawings really go well with the fairy style of PMS so I was very happy to pick it up!

I haphazardly stamped the sunflower on a piece of white cardstock and colored them in with copic markers.

I had a hard time deciding what sentiment to use and then i remembered i had this fun stamp from stampabilities.  So i stamped it and then mounted it on top of a flower.  Then i suddenly panicked that i dont actually speak spanish and wasnt sure if Te Amo was appropriate for a card for my sister.  So i called up my spanish speaking Amigo (rachel again, hehe) and she said it would be ok.  that is meant "SUPER affection" so as long as i reeeeeally love my sister, it would be ok.  haha.  Well, my sister is the bomb (wow, i'm dating myself, huh) so i decided to keep it. :)

Ok... onto the more specific and less to read deets...






Stamps:
MeMe Fairy from Paper Makeup Stamps

Sunflower from Recollections
Sentiment from Stampabilities

Copics:
Yellows (sunflower and fairy shirt) Y32, Y35, Y38
Browns: E55, E57, E59
Hair: Y32, YR23, E55
Skin: E00, E21, R20 (cheeks)

Paper & Cardstock
Solar White Classic Crest from Neenah
Summer Sun from Stampin Up
Brown from Paper Studio

Tools and Accessories
Ribbon is Crushed Curry by Stampin Up
Pearls in Chocolate by Kaisercraft
Flower is a Paper Daisy by Prima Marketing


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!!  Feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think!


6 comments:

Anonymous,  Thursday, August 27, 2009  

I LOVE sunflowers!! I like how your coloing compliments them so perfectly. FANTASTIC :)

Randee E Thursday, August 27, 2009  

Hi Katie! This is soo adorable. "me ecanta" your coloring :0) I soo wish I was closer to take some of your copic classes. Your sister is going to love this card!

Shaela Thursday, August 27, 2009  

cute card! and yes, I want your Makeup Mondays back!! I miss them, lol. My SIL is all into makeup and hair and she even started hopping on your blog for the Mondays... and then you quit. haha. That's okay though, but I will love it if you start doing a makeup blog again! :)

Unknown Thursday, August 27, 2009  

I love sunflowers too... I was hoping that was some dp I could go looking for LOL Gorgeous card.

Tracey Thursday, August 27, 2009  

This is gorgeous Katie! First of all, your colouring ROCKS and that sunflower paper is awesome!! xx

Tina Friday, August 28, 2009  

Girl, this is awesome. Love the colors and of course, the fairy.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP