PMS Blog Hop!

>> Friday, August 7, 2009


Its time for the PMS blog hop!  And if you are just coming to my blog without doing the hop, you've reached the end and missed all the fabulous creations!  You need to start back at the
beginning to get the low down of the events for the day!  


If you've been doing the hop... then you already know about the release party challenges bieng released to ya early!  Hopefully you can find some time to play today, because there are some extra prizes being dished out for that!  :)

Here's my blog hop card... using the first challenge...



I must say i was pretty stoked with how this card turned out!  The challenge is a "makeup" challenge (known to most as a "recipe" challenge.

PMSRP12 – Paper Makeup “Recipe” challenge.  The “paper makeup” for this challenge is:   
Foundation:  1 fairy (PMS if you have it);  
Powder:  2 patterned papers ;  
Eyes:  Bling (2 embellishments or just use stickles, glitter, shimmerz, etc.) ;  
Blush:  1 sentiment ;  
Lips:  ribbon ; 
You can add more – this is just to get started.  The number of layers of “makeup” you use is up to you, as well as the color choices.

Well as you can see i used Kip the Baseball Fairy and believe it or not, there are 2 patterned papers on there.  1 was used mostly as a mat, but it really is patterned paper!  hahahaha.
For my bling, i stickled his wings to match the baseballs (CU to follow) and also added some pewter brads, which arent so "blingy" but they are embellishments!  haha!
For my sentiment i used the fabulous new wordart by Shaela Odd.  I think it works perfect for this fairy, ,but could easily be used in other ways.  Can you imagine it's perfection on a digi scrapbook page!  :)  I'm thinking of the possibilities!  :)
My ribbon is paper ribbon by Daisy Bucket.  This stuff is so cool, comes in so many colors and has so many yards on the spool it's ridiculous!  :)

Here's some close ups...


Before i get to "the deets" I want to make sure you know your letter for the discount code!  Your letter from me is the letter "s".  If you've been doing the hop all along... you might have 
guessed it already.  teehee.

Ok, onto





Stamps:
Kip the Baseball Fairy from paper makeup Stamps
New Release digi word art: Don't Let the Fear (being released tonight at 9pm CST)

Coloring/Copics
Reds (cap, under shirt, pants): R24, R27, R29
Yellows (jersey) : Custom Color "Y20", Y21, Y26
Skin: E00, E21, E11 (cheeks)
Hair: E08, E09
Mitt: E33, E35
whites lined with E41

Paper:
Baseball Print from Best Creations
Scratched Red from Cosmo Cricket 
Kraft Neenah (runs thru my printer MUCH better than SU or PTI, ask me how i know!)
Solar White Neenah (classic crest)

Tools and Accessories
Paper Ribbon from Daisy Bucket
Pewter Brads from Making Memories
Stickles in Star Dust

Dont forget...

Be there, or Be Square!

31 comments:

StampinCathy Friday, August 07, 2009  

Now this is one fanatic and inspiring little manly man card. I just love all the bling and details you added to this card. Thanks for a wonderful and inspiring blog hop. I just love all the new stamps and the DT rocked this blog hop. Thanks for a chance at some sweet candy.

Mandi Friday, August 07, 2009  

Love the card Katie. When I saw that quote during the sneak peek, I thought it would be perfect for the Kip Baseball stamp. Looking forward to the release party tonight! :) What a great release this is! But of course! :)

Kim Friday, August 07, 2009  

So cute, Katie!!! Great job on this challenge.

Heather Friday, August 07, 2009  

Katie, this is adorable. I love all of the little details you added. Wonderful job! Can't for for the release party!

Meli Palmer Friday, August 07, 2009  

Kip looks darling...and those pewter brads are perfect!

KarenB Friday, August 07, 2009  

I like how the image and quote are just made to go together :) Thanks for the fun blog hop.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Friday, August 07, 2009  

Great card!!! I love the extra bling you added--not too much, but just the right amount!

♥Lisabee

Theresa Dagostino Forge Friday, August 07, 2009  

A perfect way to end this hop!!! thanks~

Lorie Friday, August 07, 2009  

Adorable Katie! I'm going to make time to do these challenges today!

Jenny Friday, August 07, 2009  

Cute, cute, cute!! :)
Jenny

Christi Flores Friday, August 07, 2009  

Katie, this is fantastic!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!

silvia Friday, August 07, 2009  

Fantastic card Katie!!!! Want my addy so u can send it to my son...(LOL)
He decided to play baseball again after a 1 1/2 year hiatus.

Cassie Friday, August 07, 2009  

love it!! my brothers both played baseball so this is one of my favorites!! great hop - I'm guessing you are the end --- I kinda got lost at Dawn K's and think I might have missed one but am not entirely sure!!

Hope to make some of the party anyway tonight when I get done working!

Callie Friday, August 07, 2009  

What a cute card. I LOVE everything about it. Just gorgeous!! :-)

Cody Friday, August 07, 2009  

very nice details love the image and quote together...

Lynn Put Friday, August 07, 2009  

OMG is this ever cute!!! Kip is adorable and I love the saying and baseball paper you used with him!

Unknown Friday, August 07, 2009  

Wahay I got the letters. Cute card.
Fiona x

jan farnworth Friday, August 07, 2009  

your card is super cute love kip.

Jodi Friday, August 07, 2009  

Katie this card is perfect for a little boy! I love the new saying ~ it goes perfectly with this image! With all the issues blogger seems to be having this afternoon, it took awhile to get through all the blogs (and along the way, there was a link that linked back to a previous blog, but I think I managed to get them all), but it was worth it!

Stampin_melissa Friday, August 07, 2009  

Cute Katie! My DS is really getting into throwing and catching right now. We missed the baseball season this year, but still Kip would work so well on a scrap page!

melissa.banian@gmail.com

Alexandra Lundgren Friday, August 07, 2009  

wonderful card! Love the challenges you have for the release!

Lisa Kind Friday, August 07, 2009  

Love it! That paper is so perfect!

Toothy Friday, August 07, 2009  

I loooove the sparkly baseballs.

Tami Grandi Friday, August 07, 2009  

What a great card! And a fun blog hop!

Verda Friday, August 07, 2009  

Your card is darling. Yea I made it and what wonderful cards and projects the DT made.

Shaela Friday, August 07, 2009  

love it!! I use stickles on all my fairy wings... I just like to have them glitter. :)

Carisa Friday, August 07, 2009  

How cute is that!!! I hope I made it thru all the blogs in the hop b/c one link was broken & I'm not sure I started up at the right place again b/c there isn't a master list. :( ah well, it was all fabulous!!!

FibreJunky Friday, August 07, 2009  

I love baseball anyway, so a baseball fairy is just too cool for words! Can't wait to see you at the party!

JayLynn Friday, August 07, 2009  

Perfect card for a boy, love the glitter!

Tracey Saturday, August 08, 2009  

This is just adorable Katie! I love this little guy!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP