Unity Day 3

>> Wednesday, March 11, 2009

OMG! I am SO sorry for everyone that came by yesterday only to read my babble with no card! I have no idea what happened. I know i was uploading it! But my internet has pretty much been on the fritz since saturday and then late last night it went out completely. I couldnt even sneak my neighbor's wireless to make my posts! ACK! So i had a few phone calls this morning about my boo boo and i couldnt even fix it! hahaha.

I PROMISE to make sure the card is uploaded this time!

Ok - today is day 3 for my week in Unity. If you have no idea what i'm taking about, scroll to the posts below where i explain it all. :) But most important to know if when you leave a comment, you get entered to win a free stamp from Unity! WOOT!

Here is my card for the day...



I had too much fun playing with some techniques for this card! First i stamped this Have a Heart Cupcake onto white cardstock 2 times. One of them i colored in with copics (ok, honestly i only colored the outer edges since i know you wouldnt see the middle) and i colored the base of that one as well. I was being a little quick about it since i was in a time crunch and *GASP* i didnt shade. :) It's just the copic b12 color.
On the other cupcake i took some pink liquid applique (given to me by my wonderful friend jacquie). And i suddenly realized it was gonna take a lot of my precious applique to cover thsi super sized cupcake. So i smooshed it around with my finger. Yes, thats a technical term. :D
So once the whole thing was covered (it took hardly any product since i was smoooooooshing it) i let it sit and took the kiddos out for the day. Then i came home and heated it up with my heat tool. FYI the manufacturers f liquid applique say to leave the product for 24 hours. i rarely leave it 2 minutes because i'm impatient. haha. In this case, because i didnt let it wait terribly long (about 6 hours) and because my smooshing wasnt at all even, there isnt a even level of puff. Which is think is perfect for a cupcake, so yippie me! I cut out the just the frosting part and then used foam to pop it up on top of the other stamped image. I wanted a smidgen something more so i added the pearls. I'm really pleased with the outcome, especially since i had no plans when i started the card! :D

Here is a close up view of the cupcake in all her 3D glory...


So thats pretty much it. The layout is simple enough because i wanted the cupcake as my focus. That and my house was full of mayhem (all mommies know the type) so i was pleased to even get the card done!

Ok, dont forget to check in tomorrow for another unity card (hopefully posted in the AM instead of the PM!) and then tomorrow night at HIP HOP (probably around 6 just before i leave to teach my color class) i'll announce the comment winner!!! :)

27 comments:

Jenn Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

Love those cupcakes!

Tina Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

Oh my gosh, this is sooo cute.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

I love this! The cuppie cake is perfect...yum!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

OOOOOOOOh! This is just a yummy use of liquid applique!

Heather Schlatter Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

Hi Katie,

Well, I got my first order of PMS stamps and I have to tell you I love them and can not wait to be able to order more of them!!!!

I also have to tell you that I got both the e-mail and the reply to my comment at your store last week and it meant a lot what you said to me (Telling the Stamping world to takt that about DT stuff!!!)

You are such a sweetie, and I am so excited to get to start playing in all your challenges and using your stamps.

I used the Quote one I told you about if you remember the one that says

When the World tells you to quit Hope says try it one more time!!!

I love that quote and it goes so well on the card!!!

Thank You Katie for your encouragement and for the person you are I enjoy your blog and your stamps so much and have for almost 6 months now (Well your blog just getting to know the stamps!!!) LOL

Keep up the great work Katie and I am wishing you all the luck in the world!!!

Heather Schlatter

Maria Matter Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

Hi Katie!
Love your cupcake and that yummy looking icing! Fabulous card!
I so enjoy your style of writing, always makes me giggle!
Take care.
blessings, Maria

StampinCathy Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

This cupcake looks good enough to eat. I just love the texture you added.

Christi Flores Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

This looks SO yummy!!! Love it!!

Tracey Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

An adorable card Katie!! Yummy cupcake!!

Crafty Cath Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

Smooshing and smidgen - love the terms and thanks for shedding some light on Liquid applique technique. I have never heard of this ...I'm off to hunt this down.

PS The peals were just the right touch! Looks lucious enough to eat.

Shemaine Smith Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

katie this is ADORABLE!! Love the frosting technique!!

Laura L Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

I love that cupcake! The smoooooshing really paid off!

Ashley Newell Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

Super cute card Katie! I love it!

Ravengirl Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Your cupcake turned out fantastic! I totally need a lesson in liquid applique. It's so intriguing, but I haven't the foggiest idea about how to use/apply it. I like the idea of smooshing!

Dawn Wheeler Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Wow super scrummy card ,fabulous colours and textures ,hugs Dawnxx

Jacqueline Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Oh love this cupcake!!! Love the applique!! Beautiful colors!

Anonymous,  Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Yummy . Love your cupcake

jan farnworth Thursday, March 12, 2009  

love the dimension you gave the cupcake great job.

Rachel Thursday, March 12, 2009  

awesome... nice to see an actual card. heheeh.

Marcia Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Love this card! So fun - I made need to CASE it!

I do the same wtih liquid applique - I can never wait 24 hours for it - I barely get it on a card and I'm reaching for the heating tool! I need patience!

Lisa F Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Love how you raised it! Great job!

arlsmom aka Lynda Thursday, March 12, 2009  

cute...love the pearls on it!!! Looks delish!

Kristen Carll Thursday, March 12, 2009  

oo Katie this looks delicious! :) I want a cupcake now! :) Love the card!

Lee Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Mmmm..........I love the cupcake with the pearls!!!

FibreJunky Thursday, March 12, 2009  

I agree, just the right amount of puffiness for a cupcake. Very cute!

Anonymous,  Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Loving what you did with the cupcake. Great card, thanks so much for sharing.


Tonya

Christine Riley Friday, March 13, 2009  

Gorgeous, love that cupcake! :)
Hugs, Christine

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP