Paper Makeup Tuesday

>> Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hello everyone! Today i have a sneak peek to share... but the good news is you can preorder it NOW! Preorders for the PMS april releases are now thru March 30th. You save 10% when you preorder and preorders go out first. The actual release isnt until April 7th. :)

Onto the card...


This card uses Dawdling Turtle and his matching sentiment. Now i love turtles, and i LOVE this sentiment so i'm sure i'll use this set bunches. What i particularly like about this stamp is it works well for masculine cards as well. The turtle is cute, but not toooooo cute, know what i mean? I started coloring him, and my son "wanted to help". Mind you he's 3. So i remind him he cant use mama's markers. And he said "i just wanna pick which colors you need". At this point i go... wonderful, i'm going to end up with a purple turtle! So i tell him to go ahead and figure i can always color a new one a little later. The green part of the turtle was already done. And he said his back needs to be orange!". Ok, so i'm going to end up with an orange turtle. He pulls out the E07 copic marker. Now it does look kind of orange. And i said, are you sure? he said YES MAMA! This one! And proudly hands it to me. I reluctantly start coloring him. Then all of the sudden i said... wait a minute... this color looks great as his back. HAHAHAHA. My child is a better artist than me.

I used Christi's sketch from the PMS blog for my card. I altered the sketch a smidgen and didnt make it all square. Normally i love square cards, but this time, i just wanted a rectangle.


If you want to play along with the challenge go to the PMS blog and link your card up to MR LINKY so that it can go in the Sunday Showoff. If uploading to a publig gallery like PCP or SCS please use PMSSC03 in your tagline. :)

9 comments:

Christi Flores Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

This is perfect! I love that little turtle!

Danni Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

What a cute card! Love the embossing folder you used with this, perfect!

Jaymerz Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

That is too cute!! I love this little turtle, and your card turned out great.

Tina Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

He is incredibly adorable...can't wait to get him. Cody has caught several turtles near our home...we always have to house them before he sets them loose again.

Meli Palmer Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

Love how the texture looks like a turtle shell!

Susan (peebsmama) Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

The embossed background is perfect with your image.

Unknown Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

This is adorable! It reminds me of the little turtle in this Oswald cartoon my son is addicted to!

dawnmercedes Wednesday, March 25, 2009  

I keep thinking I need to preorder this guy...I say "slow and steady wins the race" a lot! It's even on my blog! haha

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP