catching up with a challenge!

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ok, so i think i'm finally caught up in the world. Ok, i'm probably no where close and my house could really use some cleaning help but at least i dont feel like i'm lagging behind anymore!!!

I actually have gotten a little crafty this week, just not with much to show anyone. Yesterday i helped teach a card class at Chic Fil A (yep, that's right, chic fil a) and it was so much fun! If you live in the area - it's at the Pelham Rd Chic Fil A on wednesday mornings, 10:30-11:30 all thru the month of march. It's hosted by Stephanie at Funkie Munkie Scraps and i'm just helping out. :)

Ok, now onto my card...

This week's challenge over on the PMS blog was to take some inspiration from Diem's (the illustrator of the fabulous fairies) artwork. Now, mind you i issued this challenge, but I'm not so good with inspiration challenges. I tend to take them very literally. And i did again on this card, but i had fun. :)

First, here's my card...



This card is so far out of my comfort zone it isnt even funny! haha. But i love this set. And i put 3 of my all time favorite quotes in this set. AND i have never even inked it up since it was first in my hot little hands! Not good! So it was high time that i used it. My favorite painting in Diem's gallery was this one below. And the starstruck set was perfect for it!



My other goal on this card was to use some things i havent opened. Its going to be my mission for the next WEEK i think!!! I have entirely too many stamps that havent seen ink, packages oh paper untouched and product still in the cellophane. Its a travesty i tell you!

So, whats new on this card? Never opened embossing powder in enchanted gold. paper untouched from papertrey ink in plum pudding. sponge dauber (a big one!) never used. pearls from kaisercraft still in packaging. and my baja breeze ink pad that if i have used it, it hasnt been enough! :)

enjoy and i'll catch up with everyone soon hopefully with more cards!!!!

6 comments:

Danni Thursday, March 05, 2009  

Chick-Fil-A, YUMMY! I so wish I lived closer!!
Beautiful card!!

Christi Flores Thursday, March 05, 2009  

This is beautiful!! I wish I lived closer-I'd love to stamp at a Chick-Fil-A!! LOL

Shaela Thursday, March 05, 2009  

beautiful! I ordered the Starstruck set and I can't wait to get it!!

Melissa Craig Friday, March 06, 2009  

Wow! That's is really pretty. I just ordered that set! I can't wait to get it.

Dawn Wheeler Saturday, March 07, 2009  

Gorgeous card ,very inspiring and stylish ,hugs Dawnxxx

Ann Kranitz Saturday, March 07, 2009  

This is so beautiful!! It is perfect for your inspiration and I just love that set!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP