More with the swirly tree!

>> Friday, March 20, 2009

I told you i've been playing with the Swirlie Tree this week! Well, i had already been playing with the tree because i felt like i wasnt giving it enough love (i have entirely too many stamps that need love!) but then i saw THIS CHALLENGE from the Etsy Inspired Challenges blog. Now those who are long time readers know i was the guest designer for this team a bit back and sadly i havent had the time to participate in their challenges much as of late. But they are seriously a fantastic bunch of ladies that use others art to inspire more art! I really should make sure i do these more! And they is often a prize even! This week it's $20 gift certificate donated by the wonderful Marti of Pez a Doodle. I knew of this shop before i knew Marti. But now that i "online" know her, i really enjoy this shop! :) Bonus she's giving everyone a 10% discount this week that read about this challenge! Use etsy10 at check out! Isnt she fab?

Ok, on to my entry... using the swirlie tree was kinda a given for me considering so many of the wonderful artworks from TR MACK STUDIO have trees in it! The colors of the artworks are outstanding too! I just HAD to create a card no matter how late or tired i was!

Here's my card...


here is the painting i was originally using as my muse!



I inked up the swirlie tree in onxy black versafine ink. (my FAV ink when just stamping something in black!) It just gives such a flawless coverage! I stamped it right on top of some patterned paper (from an old storybox pack i have from creative memories). The pp was perfect because it already had those spots on it. I then sponged around the tree with a blue ink just to help it stand out a bit. I added some pearls to the tree to simulate some of the other need ideas in the artists paintings.
Then i just inked up the word Hope form this quote. I used a black CTMH marker to only get the letters i wanted. And then i added some black spica pen because lately no card is complete without a spica pen for me! haha.
I decided to mat the sentiment on red because of some of the contrasting colors the artist uses like in this painting here...



This is is a seriosuly easy inspiration challenge! You have until noon today Pacific time (which for the east coasters like me, that 3, so plenty of time!) to get a card done, upload it and then link it back to the etsy inspired challenge post and you are entered to win!!! :)

14 comments:

Ashley Newell Friday, March 20, 2009  

This is fabulous Katie! I was gonna use the Swirlie Tree too but I posted this before I made my PMS blog hop card so I wanted to leave my options open. I love the pearls and the elegance of this card! I'm so glad you could find some time to play along with us and thanks for the awesome plug, you rock!

Shaela Friday, March 20, 2009  

beautiful card, Katie!

Tina Friday, March 20, 2009  

OMGosh, this is stunning...perfect!

Anonymous,  Friday, March 20, 2009  

Katie, Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us this week. >:0)

BTW I received my winnings. As soon as I get some Cling-Foam and going to ink those babies up. Thanks so much, they are fabulous!

Tonya

Dawn Wheeler Friday, March 20, 2009  

Gorgeous card ,love the tree stamps so pretty ,hugs Dawnxxx

Danni Friday, March 20, 2009  

This is so pretty!! Love it!

Christi Flores Friday, March 20, 2009  

This is beautiful Katie!! I just might have to try this challenge out!

Jaymerz Friday, March 20, 2009  

Katie this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love that Swirly tree.

Lindsay Spencer Friday, March 20, 2009  

Yay! Cute card, and I'm so glad you played along.

Kerry Friday, March 20, 2009  

Love that swirly tree and it was perfect for this Etsy Shop! Great card!

Betty J Schaub Friday, March 20, 2009  

WOW! I love the originals but your card is fabulous!!!

Christine Riley Saturday, March 21, 2009  

Wow, what a beautiful and elegant card, love it!
Hugs, Christine :)

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 22, 2009  

Love this!!!! Beautiful work...and I love how you added the pearls to the tree.

I tagged you on my blog....

Scrapacat Sunday, March 22, 2009  

I love the tree - and the inspiration is just divine!
~ky

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP