Magnolia for Whiff of Joy Challenge

>> Monday, July 21, 2008



I found a new blog and i'm in love! I absolutely LOVE her style. And whats more, she's coming out with her own stamp line called Whiff of Joy. She posted a sketch as a challenge for a position as a guest designer. I would be honored to take that spot on! But my card cant hold a candle to her cards! I would definitely suggest checking her blog out! CHECK IT OUT HERE!

Here was her sketch...


and she has a new sketch today that i cant wait to try.

Ok, onto the deets of my card...

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Cheddar, Bazzil Walnut, Bazzill Whirlpool
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Blue Hill Collection)
Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Marguerites, sentiment is Heidi Grace
Accessories: PTI Aqua Mist Ribbon, bellas baubles, eyelet by We R Memory Keepers, Chipboard tag from the dollar spot at Target
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and all edges are inked with Colorbox Chalk inks (amber clay, chestnut roan, prussian blue and wisteria
And image is colored with Copic Markers

All of the colors are based out of the patterned paper scrap i had from crate paper. I just ADORE crate paper! And since i'm a bit of a bazzill connoisseur i just happened to have matching bazzill colors. :) Creating the right purple for her top was a wee bit tricky. I had to combine copic violet and copic grey. I need some different purples i've decided.
The Tag i stamped the sentiment on is from a set of self adhesive chipboard i got at target for a buck! I actually adhered the bazzill to the sticky side of the chipboard and then sanded the edges to get it the perfect size.
There are actually a lot of different layers on this card as i used a LOT of pop dots. However, it's hard to get that feel from the 2d image. The layers are super fun in person. :)


Thanks so much everyone and wish me luck!

9 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie Monday, July 21, 2008  

Beautiful Magnolia card girl!! I love the colour combo and the tag! Oh and I LOVE your bella on a bike card too!!! Great job!

Katharina Frei Tuesday, July 22, 2008  

Thank you for taking part in my gd call and for you lovely words about my work Katie. I love your card and you colouring is terrific.
Katharina

Christi Flores Tuesday, July 22, 2008  

This is too cool! I love that sketch! Awesome coloring!

Ami Wednesday, July 23, 2008  

Thanks so much for sharing her blog with us. I love to use other peoples sketches when I'm out of ideas. Your card is very pretty and cheery.

Gill Wednesday, July 23, 2008  

Lovely card, the colours are fab and your colouring is amazing
lv Gill x

Heidi Wednesday, July 23, 2008  

You did a beautiful job katie! Heidi

Lori Wednesday, July 23, 2008  

I love your Magnolia Card. She is so cute. Where can I buy Magnolia Stamps?

Rach Thursday, July 24, 2008  

Great card Katie, lovely colouring and colour combination. good luck in the GD call. hugs rach.xx

Zarah Thursday, July 31, 2008  

What a very, very pretty card - and your colouring rocks! :D

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP