Card for my daddy

>> Thursday, July 3, 2008



Ok, so i didnt get to work on stuff as much as i would have liked last night. I was grumpy. Pregnancy grumpy. I discovered a lot of stretch marks (i got out of my other pregnancy unscathed except for a few little guys on my hips, and they were easily hid. these are right across my stomach and coming from someone who enjoys wearing 2 pieces in the summer and prior to pregnancy numero uno had a flat stomach (that i worked hard at) i was depressed. Not to mention other irritations i just was plain unhappy last night.

But then i found this card that i actually made myself for a card swap. I took the fathers day spot. Well how do you like that. So thats the card i'm using to give to my dad considering it was him who i thought of when making the card in the first place! but i never photographed it or posted it so i shall do that now. :)

Here's my card for my golfing dad! I used Stamping Bella's Golfafella and matching sentiment. The inside i stamped Happy Father's Day very large using alpha stamps. My dad is so awesome. He is extremely talented (has received the Kennedy Center's Gold Medallion award for set design and he LOVES to teach and loves his students. He doesnt have a cruel bone in his body and gladly gives up his personal time to help his students and other students around the campus (he teaches at Ball State University). He'll take pictures of acting students so they have headshots at midnight because it's the only time they have to do it. He'll stay up late helpign design students work on websites and portfolios. He go to all the golf tournaments because he and my mom have "adopted" many of those students who's parents cant come to watch the matches. I mean truly... he's a remarkable man. I've also never heard a single person say a negative thing about him and when i went to college i was a bit of a superstar just for being his daughter! Anyway - i just wanted to give a shout out to my papa. :)

7 comments:

Meli Palmer Thursday, July 03, 2008  

The way you colored your Fella is perfect. Fabulous job!

Try not to be too depressed over your stretch marks. They are scars to be worn proudly! :o)

Kathy Thursday, July 03, 2008  

He's adorable. I love the way you colored him. What did you use?
Sorry to hear you're down in the dumps about the stretchmarks. I dreaded them to and didn't get them until around 30 weeks. They did fade though, so try not to worry about it too much and keep rubbing that lotion on!! :o)

Christi Flores Thursday, July 03, 2008  

I am so sorry about your pregnancy woes but I know exactly what you mean. Pre-preggo I was a dancer and had an awesome body. Now it's been almost two years since I had my son and I am fighting so hard to get my body back. I didn't get too many stretch marks and I think it's because of all the lotion I always used. :) Your card is adorable!!!

stampingtink Friday, July 04, 2008  

I love him and the background paper is so great. Who makes it? What a great tribute to your dad. I work at a private boarding school and gentlemen like your father are true gifts to kids whose parents can't be around all the time. I admire him and he'll be proud you honored him. Try not to concentrate too much on the stetchmarks. They can possibly fade but like someone said, wear them proudly. That baby's worth it!

Katie Cotton Friday, July 04, 2008  

silly me - but i cant figure out how to email back those who leave comments on my blog! And the notices arent coming to my inbox. So i will try to answer questions here for the moment... I colored by fella with copic markers (LOVE THEM) and the paper was some scraps that i had, but i'm pretty sure its an older line from Daisy D. :)

~Cheryl Friday, July 04, 2008  

Ah, girl, they're not stretch marks- more like badges that you get to wear forever. :)

Love your card, too, and the bag! :) Neat!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP