Coaster Frame

>> Wednesday, July 9, 2008




This is a frame i made out of cork coasters from the dollar store. We will also be doing this project at my upcoming stamp camp on sunday. :)

first of all, this frame didnt photograph nearly as pretty as it is in person. I still think it needs some extra touches, but there are lots of layers that are popped up with pop dots, but the flash washed it all out so you cant see all the dimension.

Supplies:
Paper: Boom-di-ada Paper from Close to My Heart
Cardstock is Autumn Terracotta by Close to My Heart
Stamps: Cottage florals by Close to my Heart
Spot on Backgrounds by Close to my Heart
Sentiment from SU (let me get the name of the set and get back to you!)
Inks: Chocolate, Autumn Terracotta, HollyHock, Garden Green all Close to My Heart
Brad: is Colonial White by Close to My Heart
Ribbon is Very Vanilla by SU


Tips and Tricks
Anytime I use a mask with a stamp project, i stamp my image to be cut out on good thick cardstock and then store it with the stamp set. That way the next time i want to use the stamp set, i dont have to go thru the trouble of cutting out another mask. For this project, i cut out an image of the main flower and laid it on top of the stamped one in the picture and stamped on top to make my leaves.

To add extra dimension to popped out flowers, wet the edges with a fine mist water bottle (i use evian in a spray can - really meant for your face ) After the edges are dampened, you can then pinch the petal tips to get a cool flower look.

Tired of solid stamp images? Use a background stamp to kiss off some of the ink. Simply ink up your solid stamp, and then stamp the solid stamp onto your background stamp. Some ink will remain on your solid stamp and then the pattern will appear when you stamp your image onto your paper.


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Christi Flores Thursday, July 10, 2008  

This is too cute!! I love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP