My Time Made Easy: Preview, It's in the Bag

>> Sunday, July 31, 2011




W.H.E.W.

What a long a cuh-razy summer this has been?! I honestly am not sure i've ever been so busy in my life! haha! Wedding season is in full force around these parts. Somewhat thankfully, august slows down a bit for a bit pick up in september and october (such pretty months here so there are a LOT of weddings, august is just toooo hot!!)

Since i havent posted in a bit... a quick recap, aside from meeting with brides and some other fun photoshoots because many models around here have the time now since they are not in school right now whether it be high school or college, we are at the pool and just living up the days of summer! The boys are growing up SO fast and now both are pretty adept swimmers, even Gabe who will be 3 in September. Jack has discovered he can jump off the diving board and swim to the side without any help. It's been a lot of fun!

And speaking of Jack, this upcoming school year he will be in kindergarten! I cant believe he's 5 and starting SCHOOL! It really just seems like yesterday that he was born, and then we packed our bags and moved to South Carolina. Such an amazing road life has lead me down!
And you know what jack is the most anxious for?! Shopping for a backpack! He asks me about everyday... is today when i get my new back pack?

So when Lauren showed the design team her plans for the template this month (called It's In the Bag)... oh I just KNEW jack would love it!!!! In fact, he already spied my little gifty and now wants to make his own! haha!

Here is my version for the Jackinator!


I am also loving the digi stamp set Lauren is releasing this month called Back to School.
Isnt that little boy just the cutest!!! Of course i colored him up to look like Jack. :D There are also 2 school girls in the set, that if you check out the other design team members blogs today, i'm sure you're bound to see them. :D The sentiment used on the backpack is also from the Back to School set. But wait, that not all, I also used some of the new pretty printable patterned paper that is available this month!


To really make this backpack look true to life, there are even adorable paper straps!!!
Now note... most would put the pocket (also with the template) on the FRONT of the backpack. Since I really wanted to show off some stamps from the new stamp set, i left those solo on the front. I also remember having a penchant for pockets and secret places for things as a kid and one of my favorite backpacks did in deed have a pocket on the back that others couldnt see. So i decided to put my pocket there!


Now i'm sure the rest of the team will have projects that will simply blow your mind!
I'm pretty sure that Lauren's post will include a super adorable girly version of this back pack (since i've seen it already in the directions, hehe)

Just in case you dont have the design teams blogs on speed dial... here they are again!

4 comments:

Debbie Sunday, July 31, 2011  

A-dorable, Katie! I love those papers too :)

sandi Sunday, July 31, 2011  

So adorable ! How did you make it?

Lisa Kind Monday, August 01, 2011  

School already? OMGosh! Time flies! I hope he loved his "backpack" even if it's not the real one. And I hope he finds the perfect real one! This is adorale! Love the pocket on the back...great idea!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, August 02, 2011  

Love the pocket on the backside! Awesome coloring, of course!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP