My Time Made Easy, Shine ON!

>> Monday, May 30, 2011

2 weeks? Really. And i thought i was doing so well. Ahhhh well... for followers and subscribers of my blog, I do apologize for my lack in posting. May is by far my busiest month when it comes to my makeup artist business. I hav/had 20 weddings this month. Some were bride onlies, some were weddings with large bridal parties. And this doesnt include the consults and portraits! Thats just the wedding part. So yeah, May is a BUSY month!

BUT, get ready for some postin' because Lauren has done it again with another fabby release so I have lots to share with you!

Today I get to share the Fresh Popped template that will be released on June 1st. This release is so up my alley! It's all about movie night, popcorn and fun times! Movie and tv nights are cherished by my family. It's the time that we all curl up on our all too small couch together. This has been a family tradition of mine since I was a kid and it has carried into my family now.
Whether good or bad, the tv is on pretty much all the time. Night time is "adult" tv which basically means nick jr and cartoon network are turned OFF! We still have to be pretty kid friendly, but no cartoons (unless it actually is movie night of course, then we're usually watching a cartoon!) But it's time I get to spend cuddling with my hubby, so i'll take it! :D

Wow, I've gotten off track! Ok, back to this awesome template! Well the fresh popped template is perfectly showcased on LAUREN'S blog as the popcorn totin' movie night template that it is. It really is fun and fabulous and I can't wait to make it into a gift for someone with maybe a blockbuster gift card tucked inside. Can you say perfect teenager or even man gift? Those can be so hard to think of! But, i decided to go a bit untraditional and unmanly with my version to share with you today just to show you a little versatility!

I bring you the Shine On Lip Gloss holder! Ok, so maybe makeup has just fully taken over my brain, but when I saw the digi stamps from the Night at the Movies set, I saw the words "shine on" and immediately thought of my mirrored lipglass from MAC. Sad i know! But then my wheels got to turning... and i thought about what a cute little table topper container this would be to store your most used makeup go tos, or your lip glosses, some makeup brushes could go in there, etc. The great thing about this template is aside from being super easy to put together, you really could make it any color to coordinate with any room and then put whatever you needed from that room inside! My shine on version would be great for a teenage girl, bride to be or any gal pal in your life!



I cut the front and back pieces of my template using my SCAL and cricut (don't even get me started on my rage with provocraft right now, ugh). The front and back actually fit quite nicely on 1 12x12 piece of paper and then I cut the decorative panels using a different color. I love the scallops on this template. Kind of one of those, main that would be a pain to try to do yourself... oh wait, you have a perfect template that cuts or at least lines it perfectly for you! Phew!

Next up, I printed the sentiments i wanted from the Night at the Movies digi stamp set for my template and my card.

I also used the cornish ovals cut file to create my front panel.

Then I assembled, used some stickles to adorn the scallops and some extra rhinestones scattered thruout and I was good to go!!!

And here's a close up of my card. I kept it pretty simple, but mimicked the stripes on the template by cutting strips for my card! Made the matching card as easy as the template was to put together!



So thats my über girlie rendition of the Fresh Popped template! Be sure to check out Lauren, Tangii and Lisa for more outstanding ideas!!!

2 comments:

Lauren (mytime) Monday, May 30, 2011  

Katie I love the contents and the colors! Girl you should've told me you needed the month off! Good grief! Not sure HOW you do it. You are the best :D

Kristie W. Tuesday, May 31, 2011  

I love the pink/brown color combo :) :) What a fun idea to use it for lip gloss! 20 weddings - WOW! You are amazing to still find the time to create!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP