My Time Made Easy Sneak Peeks day 1

>> Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ok, so i know i havent posted in a week! So sorry about that!
I will be leaving town in just 1 more day! YEAH FOR VACAY!
However, it's the absolute worst time for me to be on vacation! During sneak peeks and reviews for both MTME and PMS! YIPES! So i've been hard at work getting ahead, so i'll still have lots of yummy goodies to show you for the next week and a half!

Today, it starts!

Sneak peeks for My Time Made Easy and OMG, am i in love with this release!!!!!!
It's awesome and has just come at the perfect time!

Check out these gifties i made for Jack's preschool teachers...


I used the Pretty Packaging template called Jam Packed. Adorable name, no?
And what else to fill these little cuties? JAM! haha! Not that i didnt give that away on the front! Are you ready for some pictures?


I will spare you close ups of each and every box as I'm sure you get the idea! Since each box has a different jam inside, i decorated the outside of the box differently for each one (just using the coordinating colors for the jam inside).

My paper is from the Pretty Printables paper collection called Vintage Plaid and there is just about every wonderful color combo you can think of! I was very easily able to make special colored boxes to match the jam flavors and i STILL had to make choices!

I also used the Well Preserved stamp set that, i'm telling you, if you like to give gifts and custom homemade treats, you HAVE to have this set! have to have to have to!
here's a close up of that oh so cute jam jar...

There are actually 2 jars available in this set. I chose the more rounded jar. I stamped it again over a scrap of the Vintage Plaid paper and paper pieced it onto my jar (using distress ink on the edges to really make it matchy matchy). Then i used the word jam (a separate stamp) across the front. The jar was colored with copic markers to match the jam that would be inside. OH, and my plaid top! Thats another stamp! So you can cordinate your top, or you can stamp the plain on and paper piece, or color it in, or... :D

Ok, more pictures!


Here they are opened. I love the little cut out (perfectly made for you in the template)
so that it snugly fits your jars and gives a nice display. Still, you could easily cut that part out and have an adorable box for just about anything really!


Last one, i promise! :D

Here are the jars sans boxes. You notice how i wrapped the same vintage plaid paper around the jars? Well, besides making them very coordinated to the boxes, and very cute, i'm hiding the fact that i dont have a clue in the world how to make jam! Those are just smuckers jams that i covered up! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Ok, the toppers! Also part of the Well Preserved set! I stamped my fruit image (there is pretty much every fruit you can think of) and then stamped the correct flavor on top. Again, they are all there! Well, just about! There wasnt a Black Raspberry, but there was a Raspberry and a Blackberry! So i just inked up the "black" part of blackberry and stamped it with the raspberry and i was good to go!

So fun huh?! I know i'll use this trip over and over. Ok, maybe i'll even learn how to make my own! I d have a strawberry and blueberry plant afterall! :D

Now there is more goodness to see! Check out
and

And have a wonderful day!!!!




20 comments:

Anonymous,  Saturday, May 29, 2010  

OMG!!!! Do I NEED this or what?? lol Fabulous job girlie!

Geny Saturday, May 29, 2010  

Cute cute cute, love how you paper pieced the jars too!!! Such a great project!

Dawn Easton Saturday, May 29, 2010  

hahah! I bought jars of jam too! ROFL! GMTA~! Your packaging is awesome girl! Hope you have a fabulous vacation!

Lauren (mytime) Saturday, May 29, 2010  

You know I LOVED this project of yours! I love the use of paper and of COURSE your coloring! I especially love how you stamped the toppers too. Another note....I like how you bought your jam! LOL! I personally don't make my jam, I buy other store bought jams from the farmers market and what not...so this was perfect for others out there. Have fun on vacation. Lordy will you get to rest?!

Sassy's Ramblin's Saturday, May 29, 2010  

SOOO CUTE! Have fun on Vacation! I love that you did it with Smuckers. tehe!

Celeste Saturday, May 29, 2010  

I love the plaid! Your work is wonderful. I loved your coloring and how you worked the colors to match the jam. And who says you have to MAKE the jam??? Great idea with that one! Thanks for sharing your work and getting me inspired.

Unknown Saturday, May 29, 2010  

These are so adorable. TFS, Mary M
mkmontecalvo@gmail.com

Carma Saturday, May 29, 2010  

These are very cute! And I promise to try to get you some "rest" time on your vacation. :)

Unknown Saturday, May 29, 2010  

These are wonderful gifts, Katie! I love the vintage look here and the 3 colors lined up side by side! How perfect those jars fit inside, too!!

Christina Fischer Saturday, May 29, 2010  

Oh my goodness -- these are adorable!! What a wonderful gift idea! :)

Shaela Saturday, May 29, 2010  

how adorable!!! love those little boxes :)

Silke Ledlow Saturday, May 29, 2010  

Super yummy and sweet Katie!!! Love your jam jars!!! The matching papers and the buttons are awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

Davi Saturday, May 29, 2010  

These are so wonderful! I love what you did with the boxes and the fun button look closures.

Ginny Sunday, May 30, 2010  

Wow Katie! These boxes are SUPER cute! And those blueberries look yummy. Really like how you coordinated the paper with the type of Jam :)

Sara Monday, May 31, 2010  

OMGosh...Katie...this is SO CUTE!!! I just LOVE how you doubled the paper on your jar...SWEET!

I too am suffering from PMS...HOW DARE YOU FIRST OF THE MONTH! How could you intrude and declare irrational behavior at a time like this???!!!! Being a girl has it's good and many bad points!!!! HAHAHA!!!

Really I LOVE your work...I have been stalking your sites lately...you are one talented lady!!!!! It's an honor to work with you! :D

Your images are SOOOO ADORABLE!!!!

Mary J Monday, May 31, 2010  

Fantastic set of creations! I love your style!

Unknown Monday, May 31, 2010  

Love love love these Katie! Great choices for papers... a total country look. I hope you are relaxing and enjoying your well-deserved vacation!! {{HUGS}} :)

AKiteFlier Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

ACK!!! These are wonderful Katie - casing casing - I had no clue what to do since I don't "do" jams but I love the smuckers idea :-)))

Tracey Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

Ooooh, these are fabulous! I love them!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP