My Time Made Easy Trendy Tool Tote and A Special Birthday Hop!

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh there is so much to share todaaaaaaay!

Today is my special day to share a My Time Made Easy treat with you!
But not only do i have a project for you, but the MTME design team has put together a special little Birthday Blog Hop! Tomorrow is Lauren's birthday and then Stephanie's birthday is the 5th
so we're doing this little hopparoo for them!

So be sure to scroll alllllll the way down!

First, i'll share my Trendy Tool Tote project!

A lot of times I'm making gifts for my super crafty friends, but it's always tricky at what to make or give them that they might actually need! Making a card maker a set of cards is sometimes a little silly when they make them already! So i decided to turn the trendy tool tote into a super cute
ribbon caddy! I mean, all crafters need a fun and snazzy way to hold their ribbons, right?


And filling this up with some new fun ribbons felt like a super fun and useful gift!
Now i will say - if you think this is a fun gift idea and you'd like to make it for a friend, the American Craft ribbon spools fit PERFECTLY! Other ribbons spools fit well too, but are a little more snug. I have a wide variety of ribbon brands in my picture, but the AC fit the best. :D

Ok, now for how i made it! First of all... i did not get to use my beloved Sure Cuts a Lot! Thats because i'm a dummy and left my cord to plug my cricut in at the scrapbook store from when i was helping with a make n take night. DOH! So i made this project PDF old school style!
While it did take me a smidgen longer, it was still SUPER easy to put together!

Ok, so first i took the Trendy Tool Tote template and cut it out using Squash Couture Cardstock as my base and then BowBells (also CC) for my handle.

I printed out the Trendy Tulips pattern digi paper from the Sugar and Spice Pretty Impressions Printables paper collection. Then i cut out the decorative layers and also a mat layer (and since i didnt have my SCAL to do the mat layer for me, it's just eyeballed by adhering the decorative layer on cardstock and then just cutting out a smidgen around it, see totally easy!)

Next i used the Sensational Stems stamp set and stamped out my stem in Old Olive SU ink.
I stamped the largest tulip top in So Saffron SU ink on a separate piece of cardstock (one sheet wonder from couture cardstock, i just love how smooth solid images stamp out on this stuff!), cut it out and adhered it on top of a pop dot for some extra dimension.

Onto, the other side...

I stamped my sentiment from the Sensational Sentiments stamp set onto OSW using razzleberry SU ink. I used the Curved Rectangles spellbinders die to cut out a scrap of Nomad couture cardstock and embossed it using an embossing stylus. I added some copper pearls from Kaisercraft.

OH, i also added the kaisercraft pearls in the largest size to the ends of the handles. You can kinda see it in the first picture. And I wrapped some sheer polka dot ribbon around the whole thing. That about does it for this project, but thats not all!

I have 2 birthday cards to share with you!



I used roughly the same CAS layout for both my cards. Only a slight differen placement of ribbon and sentiment, but i'm sure your eyes are working correctly and you can see that yourself! hahahaha!

First, my card for Lauren...
Lauren's favorite color is purple and she loves tulips so I thought this would be a perfect bday card for her! Now if only I had my butt in gear earlier in the week and wasnt so sick i'd have already mailed it, but alas, sorry lauren, you'll get it a few days late!

Again i used the Sensational Stemps stamp set but this time to create my tulip head, i used the ladybugs wings and the butt of the ladybugs body (just dont ink up the head part, it makes the flower look a little funny). I used Amethyst and Hydrangea ink from CTMH for the tulip head and the Kiwi Kiss from SU for the stem. The sentiment is from the So Sentimental stamp set. My cardstock used on this card is all Couture Cardstock (Fortune Teller, Guinivere and One Sheet Wonder)

Next is Stephanie's birthday card! Her's might actually make it in time!


Now, I have to admit, I dont know Stephanie the way that i know Lauren! We've just "met" but i know i think she's just so sweet and super talented! When trying to think of what Stephanie's favorite colors were, this color combo came to mind. I think i've just seen her use it a few times, but hey, we're gonna run with it! :D

I used the same stamp sets, but this time, i used the ladybug as, *gasp* a ladybug! Since i was stamping on Kraft cardstock, ok, so it isnt kraft cardstock, it's brown paper packaging by couture cardstock, but it's more fun to call it Kraft in this situation! I used a white gel pen to fill in the dots on the wings. I added a little swirlie do from the Fanciful Flourishes stamp set.

So thats what i have for you today! Whew, now i need a nap. It took me longer to type all that than it did to actually make it all!

Now hop on over to Dawn Easton to see her fun birthday creation!
And be sure to go wish Lauren and Stephanie a very happy birthday (even if it's a smidgen early!)



Birthday Hopping Gals...

14 comments:

Mona Pendleton Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Katie, your tool tote is so amazing! I sure would love one full of all that goodness! Your cards are so sweet! I am sure the girls will treasure these :)

Geny Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Love the tool tote you made, super clever! And those cards are perfect, you know I love the CAS style!

Gabby Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Oooohhhhh...that tool box tote looks delicious! I need that template...lol!

Cards are GORGEOUS!

Amy Sunday, May 02, 2010  

What an amazingly wonderful idea! I love the sent. you chose for the gift--so appropriate! And your two cards are so sweet.

Dawn Easton Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Katie, your tote turned out wonderfully!!! I'm working on one of those this morning...haha!

Both CAS cards are fantastic too! LOVE that lady bug and really need to make one ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

AKiteFlier Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Ooooh Katie - that is a fabulous TOTE - I will keep that idea filed away for future for sure. What a great gift and decorated so wonderfully. Your bday cards are fab also - love them!

freida Sunday, May 02, 2010  

This is so FABULOUS, Katie! :) Such a creative idea! Your cards for the girls are AWESOME and I know they will bring smiles to their faces!

Tangii Crain Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Fabulous job!!! I agree, that tote is a perfect gift idea for a crafting friend... so brilliant! LOVE the cards too...very fun!

Diane Jaquay Sunday, May 02, 2010  

LOVE this tote!!! Your cards are beautiful too :)

Unknown Sunday, May 02, 2010  

OMG, Katie! I LOVE the tool tote -- what a fabulous idea!! It's just too cute!!

What a wonderful birthday surprise!! Love the CAS designs and I love anything with kraft.. the ladybug is just so sweet.. THANKS SO much!!

Silke Ledlow Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Super duper cute cards Katie!!!I love your tote idea too!!! Awesome details on all your creations!!! Hugs ~S~

Ginny Sunday, May 02, 2010  

Oooh I really love this. Might have to do this for all those small ribbon things I have that fall through my other holder on the wall. Loving the paper on it :o

Christi Flores Monday, May 03, 2010  

OMG girl this is too stinkin' cute!!! I would love to make some of these for my stamping group!! :) All of your cards are wonderful too. Awesome!!!

Unknown Thursday, May 06, 2010  

Hey you! This tool tote is beautiful -- I love the dimensional tulips -- a very sweet gift, indeed! And, you went old school...nice ;). I love your cards for the ladies as well!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP