Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop!

>> Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome to the Paper Makeup Stamps May Release blog hop! If you've arrived from Dawn Knight's blog, you're right on track! If not, you can start at the beginning (and get all the good info on the release tonight, some challenges, and get the start of your special release code!)

It's here! it's finally here!
I have been ACHING to color up this image ever since Cynthia first sent her to me.
This is Moody for Dragonflies and i adore her! Even though i was coloring her past midnight when my poor tired eyes would have rather been sleeping... she was so much fun to color.
I LOVE TO COLOR!

Ok, I've gotten ahead of myself! Here is my card!

I was actually very pleased with how my card came out... especially since I was creating while i was turning as orange as a YR15 copic marker (i.e turning into a pumpkin!)
But i truly truly adore coloring! Everything about it from picking out colors to just the time it takes. It's so relaxing. The card came together ok, with some special help from my new paper from the Fly a Kite collection by October Afternoon. I also used one of the PMS release challenges! I chose the 2nd challenge (to use a button and a bow on my card!)
Read more about the challenges on the PMS blog!

Here's a closeup shot of the image...

I used a LOT of different copic markers. And it's amazing how much easier it is to pick which colors you want to use when you already have your paper picked out. Too often i color with wreckless abandon and dont pick my paper first. Then i struggle finding the papers to match my image. So my helpful tip is to pick your color palette and papers first! :D

Just a Note for you (teeheehee)... for anyone that has ordered the past few months you may have noticed a freebie stamp in with your order. Of course they are only while quantities last, but i've been including a special small sentiment stamp, just as a thank you for everyone's support (you guys all mean the world to me!). This month's freebie is the sentiment i used on my card... "just a note". See a closeup view below...



So thats my card for you! But before i forget... you need your letter!
Remember to collect the letters along the hop to get your special release code for 15% off the new releases. My letter for you is the letter M! As in.... Maria! Who is the next gal on the hop list! You are gonna flip when you see her monster card!

Hope to see ya tonight at the PAAAAARTAAAAAY!





Stamps from Paper Makeup Stamps
Moody for Dragonflies (to be released tonight at 8pm CST!!!!)
Just a Note, may freebie stamps with your order

Coloring with Copics
Hair: "E23", E25, E27, E29
Skin: E000, E00, E21, "R200"
Eyes and Bubbles: BG10, BG72
Dragonflies: W5, W7, YG11, YG63
Flowers: E40, E41, E43, Y21
Kimono: R32, R35, R37, R39; YR000, YR61, YR65

Tools and Accessories
Spellbinders Labels 9 nestabilities die
Button (hollyhock) from Close to my heart
Satin Ribbon (oceanmist) from PaperTreyInk
Button Thread (dark brown) Dual Duty Plus
Distress Ink (tea dye)
Jumbo Sponge Dauber


Have a wonderful day!!!

18 comments:

Christi Friday, May 07, 2010  

Wow! Katie, this is gorgeous! The colors, the design, just WOW!!! The coloring on her face is amazing. Such a beautiful card... smiles!

Dawn Easton Friday, May 07, 2010  

Katie, your passion for colour REALLY shows in your cards...they are always coloured beautifully!!! I'm still practicing...lol!
Love the papers you used with her...awesome choices!

Ginny Friday, May 07, 2010  

Wow! I really love this card and the stamp is gorgeous. Mine NEVER look like that when I do them after midnight! Hmm... maybe picking out the papers first would make my card making so much easier, but I get so excited about coloring that I forget that part... might explain why I have so many colored images that I don't have on cards...

Unknown Friday, May 07, 2010  

Fabulous, Katie! Your love of coloring definitely shows.. she's just gorgeous!!

Christi Flores Friday, May 07, 2010  

This is amazing girl!! Your coloring is perfect and I love those colors!!

Michelle Friday, May 07, 2010  

She's oh-so-pretty! Your coloring is FABULOUS.

Amy Friday, May 07, 2010  

I LOVE THIS Katie!! It's so pretty!! and I love that image!!

Tina Friday, May 07, 2010  

Gor.geous! Oh my word, impeccable coloring. What a beauty!

Anonymous,  Friday, May 07, 2010  

She is just beautiful! Gorgeous girl! This is such an amazing release!!!

Anonymous,  Friday, May 07, 2010  

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!! You always blow me away with your coloring skills but this is BEYOND WORDS GORGEOUS!!! She even has definition in her face....WOW....you rock :)

Gabby Friday, May 07, 2010  

Good Lord woman! This is gorgeous! I love how you've colored her!

Alexandra Lundgren Friday, May 07, 2010  

WOW! Stunning. Love this stamp! I really like how you colored the flowers white. I need to learn how to do that!

Lisa Kind Friday, May 07, 2010  

Gorgeous! I just LOVE this card! The dp is one of my new favs! Your coloring is beautiful and I LOVE this Moody!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Friday, May 07, 2010  

Yeah. Now I REALLY don't like my version of this image! LOL! Yours is just so awesomely colored and everything! Of course if I would choose my paper FIRST then maybe it would be easier! LOL! Love it!

Danni Friday, May 07, 2010  

Oh Katie! This is gorgeous!! Wow!

Tracey Saturday, May 08, 2010  

Katie, your card is gorgeous!! I love it!! Happy Mother's Day to you!! xx

Randee E Sunday, May 09, 2010  

Wow Kaite! This is just gorgeous!! I can't stop staring at her - she's beautiful. I love the subtle shading to create her nose-line. I would love to see a tut on how you colored her. Love it all!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP