3 minute card and DT call announcement!

>> Tuesday, May 18, 2010


I have a quick post for you! Ok, so nothing is ever too quick with me, but this one has to be! :D

First of all I want to make sure everyone knows about the Design Team Call for Paper Makeup Stamps! The team and I are so excited to put out this call to add to our family!
We are looking for a some Full Time Paper Makeup Artists as well as some guest designer spots.
Check out THIS POST to read all about the call!

Next I want to show you a very easy to make 3 minute card!
This was created for a Make N Take at Funkie Munkie Scraps and i hadnt had a chance to show
it here on my blog yet.
For Make n Take night, the ladies paid $5 and got to do 5 crafts. We we didnt want to time or product on any 1 project. This idea is also great to keep in mind when you are mass producing cards!

Here is my 3 minute card...


I keep everything simple and to get the most out of the 12x12 sheet of patterned paper, i
cut the 12x12 paper into 4x12 inch strips. Then i cut down the strips to create 4 x 5.25 rectangles. This gave me 6 card fronts from 1 sheet of 12x12 paper.

Next came the sentiment. I let each cropper stamp the sentiment on some white neenah cardstock and then we punched it out using one of the Marvy Giga punches. Um...i think i need those at home. Man they were so fast to use! The bonus of using a punch is that you dont have to worry about stamping the sentiment straight. :D

The stamp used one of the sentiments from the new Faith, Hope, Love set
from Paper Makeup Stamps.

Now i do like a lot of layers on a card, but in the case of less is more, i like to still to do something to help the layers I do have stand out. So i sponged all the edges with a matching ink color (in this case, rose red from Stampin Up) :)

To add a little embellishment to the card we used some stripped grosgrain ribbon and a few pearls from Kaisercraft.

And that's my 3 minute card!

Have a wonderful day everyone!


2 comments:

Danni Tuesday, May 18, 2010  

What a wonderful card especially for as quick as you made it!

Kristie W. Tuesday, May 18, 2010  

It may be simple, but it's pretty! Love the quote!

I saw the DT call, I can't wait to try out!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP