Once you choose hope...CAS card

>> Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am so very excited and tickled pink for what I get to share with you today!
Paper Makeup Stamps is getting a new illustrator!
Well, kinda.... haha! Lindsay Spencer did some "guest illustrations" a bit back right when I first started Paper Makeup Stamps. She couldnt come on as a full time illustrator because of some other commitments, but NOW she has had some things free up and she CAN illustrate for PMS!

YIPPPPIEEEEE! For those who know Lindsay, you know that she also has a digi stamp company called Whimsy Have. She is continuing to design for herself, her digi shop and vinyl for EAD designs, so dont you worry! However i am THRILLED that she is willing to share her talent with PMS and design things things that we can turn to rubber! Lindsay has such an awesome talent, I'm so glad that she's found so many ways to share it with the world!

Her first set is called Faith Hope Love. It truly is a set that was missing from the PMS inventory! it fits perfectly with the style, but yet it's different. Love it!
This set includes 5 different solid flower images that are like silouettes, but can be used SO many different ways. You can check out the PMS blog to see what the other Paper Makeup artists have come up with today using this set. Also included in this set are 3 awesome wordart quotes. They are a really good size, but not toooooo big. So they can be used both in scrapbookng and cardmaking.

Anyhoo enough chatting, i'm supposed to be condensing my blog posts, arent i!?

Here's my card...



Ironically after all that talk about flowers... i didnt use any of the flowers! But i did use the grass! I love that grass and can see it used for so so much!
I created by sky by using the copic airbrush. I had an extra piece of cardstock that i punched a hole out of to create the sun.

The rest of my card i kept CAS (for those that don't know what that means, it's Clean and Simple). Now looking at it, i wonder if i shouldnt have done a smidgen something else?
But again, i can never just leave well enough alone and I'm trying to perfect my CAS style.

So thats what i have for ya today! Be sure to pop back in tomorrow for the PMS blog hop!
And the challenges... and the party tomorrow night. Oh it's going to be fun!!!!

12 comments:

Tami Grandi Thursday, May 06, 2010  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color scheme of this card. Absolutely beautiful- and the quote is fabulous

Lisa Kind Thursday, May 06, 2010  

Oh I LOVE this! It doesn't need a thing, except to be sent off to someone for them to enjoy! Lovely card, Katie!

Lindsay Spencer Thursday, May 06, 2010  

I'm SO SO SO excited to be back!! I LOVE this card and am going to keep it FOREVER! thanks! I'm so happy to be working with you again.

Christi Flores Thursday, May 06, 2010  

I love this K!!!! Awesome job!!!

Anonymous,  Thursday, May 06, 2010  

this is a GORGEOUS CAS card Katie...love it :)

Unknown Thursday, May 06, 2010  

I think beautiful CAS card and it looks fabulous with this quote...oh my gosh, and I love this grass...it's perfect! So glad to see you working with Lindsay, she is so talented!

Anonymous,  Thursday, May 06, 2010  

I LOVE it! The grass is perfect! I love the "layout" and the colors are perfectly vivid! :) Have I told you yet that I LOVE Lindsay & this set? lol

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Thursday, May 06, 2010  

I love how simple this is! So gorgeous and quote focused! Beautiful!

Gabby Thursday, May 06, 2010  

Cheater...no flowers? :P I love this! It's so serene!

Carma Thursday, May 06, 2010  

So striking. I really like this. I need to ask you about ink for these "silhouette" stamps.

Dawn Easton Friday, May 07, 2010  

Gorgeous scene, Katie! I need to pull out my airbrush! I don't think I have EVER created a card with a sun/moon...love it!

Tina Friday, May 07, 2010  

This is amazing Katie, so beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP