My Time Made Easy Group Card Share!

>> Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This is my first post of 3 today! Check back later today for a post for Quixotic Paper Birthday Blog Hop and for the Copic Creations Challenge Blog!

It's the first of the month! That means all the new products are LIVE for My Time Made Easy!
Every 1st of the month, the MTME design team shows off cards! You've seen some templates the days before and after, so on the 1st, we all go in together to show off some super fun things you can make for cards with MTME products.

Well, i decided to go DIGI for this month! Did you know that Lauren offers many many of the MTME acrylic stamp sets also in a digi format?! Some people think of digi stamps as just the lineart images, etc. Well, I wanted to show you why digi stamps can be so cool! Especially in the case of these images, when changing the sizes can make a big difference and make the set extremely versatile!

Now don't get me wrong, i love actual stamps! And the stamps Lauren has are perfect for their intended uses... BUT since the images are smaller for use of tags and labels on templates and given the fact that i'm a teensy obsessed with coloring, sometimes i like to take a digi image and make it MUCH bigger! And these digi sets are perfect for this!

I used the Well Preserved Digi set for all 3 of my cards to show you today!
(you may remember my post from the other day using the stamp version of this set!)

First, the "boobewy" (as my 20 month old says!) card!

This card is a 5.25 x 5.25 card! So those blueberries are a pretty darn good size! Since these digi stamps are of a high resolution, making them larger (i just used photoshop) was a breeze!
And then coloring them.... oh now that was fun!
I used Copic Markers (now aren't you shocked!) B32, B34, B37, B39.

I also enlarged the sentiment from the same digi set and i used some of the fabulous paper from the Preserve It © Blueberries and Grapes Pretty Impressions Printables paper collection.

For my second card, i used the cherries from the Well Preserved Digi set.

Again, super fun to color! Now if i had just enlarged and printed, my leaves would have been black. This would have looked just fine, but i decided that since i was using some paper from the Preserve It © Cherries and Peaches paper collection and that paper have colored leaves, that I would match my leaves accordingly. Again, super easy. I used photoshop, selected the color i wanted and then used the paint bucket to "fill" the leaves, but any paint program would work the same. For my cherries i used copics again, R24, R27, R29, R59.

The sentiment is a modified sentiment fromt he digi set. Again, digis are so easy to do what you need to! If i was stamping, i would have had to mask out the word berry and then fill in with the word cherry (which is a single stamp, so it wouldnt have been too tricky) but for this, i just erased the word berry, and then dragged the word Cherry in it's place!

Ok, one last card for you!


Again, i enlarged the apple image, but then i decided that i also loved that inside the apple part. If i was stamping, i would have just stamped it inside and it would have been super easy. But this time, i just enlarged it as well and dragged it in to the center of the apple. Also super easy!
Again, i colored in the leaf of the apple, but i wouldnt have to. I tried it both ways, and they both looked fine. :D

I colored the image with copics, and still used the same reds as the cherry but since i was using papers that were deeper reds (papers are from the Preserve It © Apples and Pears collection) I used R59 much more predominately than on the cherries and worked my way in just barely used R24, where on the cherries, R24 was my main color. :D The inside of the apple was colored with E43, E42 and E40.

The sentiment use is also an enlarged sentiment from the Well Preserved Digi set.

Now can you imagine how much fun you could have enlarging all those fruits! If you love to color like i do, thats a lot of fun coloring space! OR, you could enlarge them, but print them over patterned paper like a paper piecing! Or use some of the fabuloous coordinating digi papers available this month. You could make nice large fruit labels for your jars! You could really theme a teapot for a friend who also decorates her kitchen with apples. You could even make your own digi paper! Digi stamps can be oh so much fun!

Ok, so enough about digi stamps. You want to see some more fun stuff you can do with the June Release from MTME? Check out THESE fabulous ladies!

Photobucket

Lauren Meader

Catherine Doucette

Dawn Easton

Geny Cassidy

Katie Cotton - that's me

Lesa Rapp

Pam Imholz

Stephanie Kraft

Tracey Cuccia

Mona Pendleton

Silke Ledlow






Stamps: Well Preserved Digi set from My Time Made Easy

Papers: Pretty Impressions Printable Paper from My Time Made Easy


Tools and Accessories: Spellbinders, Distress Ink (antique linen, aged mahagony), rhinestones from Darice, ribbon from Dots & Dashes and Stampin' Up, Copic Markers, White Gelly Roll pen

9 comments:

Dawn Easton Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

Girl, you did a FABULOUS job going digi! Love that you made the images larger...awesome colouring too!!!

AKiteFlier Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

OMGOSH KATIE - these are fabulous - I LOVE how you changed things up with the "cherry" - very very lovely cards.

Lauren (mytime) Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!I love what you DID! This is jaw dropping gorgeous!

Unknown Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

These are all darling, Katie! Love how you used the digi stamps to create larger, yummy images!!

Tracey Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

These are super sweet cards Katie! I love them!! xx

Sara Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm just now MTME blog hopping...I've been uploading for days. Anyway...I ABSOLUTELY ADORE these cards!!! These fruits look AWESOME huge and colored by a master...LOVE LOVE LOVE these designs!!! YOU ROCK KATIE COTTON!

Unknown Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

FANTASTIC Katie!! LOVE those giant blueberries!! :)

Silke Ledlow Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

Katie you are brilliant!!! I love how you used the digi images...I have to remember this...!!! Totally delicious cards!!! Love them both!!! Hugs ~S~

Geny Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

Ok, LOVE how you went "big" with the images, the cards are all fabulous!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP