My Time Made Easy Tea for You!

>> Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Who knew you could make something like this out of paper?! Well, Lauren did obviously! This makes the perfect gift for the tea drinker in your life! Just think of the goodies you can put inside, but also what an adorable little decoration it would make for any table! I knew exactly who i had in mind when making this sweet little teapot! A friend of mine collects tea pots AND is a scrapbooker. I just know she will be knocked off her socks to see a teapot made out of paper!

So here it is... my tea pot for you using the new release template, Tea for You, from My Time Made Easy.


I just think this Tea Pot is so much fun! And while you think it would be super hard to put together, it's really not. It does take a smidgen of patience or more so, no squirmy wormies on your lap. I had to take a break and wait til the kiddos were busy in the other room. haha.
But once i have 2 hands to work with again, it really was pretty easy! The tabs lauren has made in the template design make the curves for you. I found it the most helpful to make sure i have adhesive running down the side the tabs stick to. The extra glue dots on the tabs gives you a super strong seal as well.

Here is a overhead shot of the tea pot, just to get a better view.
My cardstock is from Couture Cardstock (and i am SO sorry, but I'm typing up my post from VAAACAAAAAY and i dont have my swatch ring so i'm not sure exactly which color it is! Um, whale watching maybe?) My patterned paper is from a collection from Close to My Heart.

I took some ribbon (the color is close to Summer Sun but it's really just a strand from my ribbon bin, so i have no idea where it came from, wow, i'm a lot of help today on product info, huh!?) And i tied it around the lip of the lid. The lid comes off entirely, so you could fill the tea pot with all kinds of goodies. Treats to eat while sipping tea, additions to your tea, napkins or other tabletop items, etc. I also took the same ribbon and laid it down the handle for just a little extra decoration. Be sure to form your handle first. I then put scor tap on my ribbon and just laid it down on the already formed handle.


Now this tea pot template isnt the only tea thinking goodie available from My Time Made Easy.
You know that Lauren never makes just 1 thing with out stamps and other templates and cut files to go with it (which, also helps to make the perfect gifts of course!)

On this project, i also used the new stamp set called A Spot of Tea.

There are all kinds of cute images in this tea stamp set include a build your own tea cup that is OH so adorable! You'll have to check back in later this week to see my project made with that!


Be sure to check back in with Lauren to see what goodie she has for you today as well and to go browse the new releases from My Time Made Easy!

14 comments:

Rachel Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Oh, I am thinking I may need that one.

Angelwood Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Oh wow! That is just too cute! I have to get that template! Loved the papers and color combo you used on this! Enjoy vacaay!! hugs, Angela

Tracey Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

This is incredible Katie!! Love your teapot!! xx

Amy Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Beautiful teapot, Katie!

Unknown Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Love your tea pot, Katie! The colors are fabulous!!

Dawn Easton Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Katie, this is GORGEOUS girl! Love the pretty paper and how you added the ribbon! FAB idea!!!
Hope you are enjoying your vacation!!

Lauren (mytime) Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

I love the added ribbon to the handle you did! This is just so pretty Katie!

Shaela Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

I don't think there's a template out there Lauren CAN'T create, lol!! great job

Anne T,  Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Beautiful teapot! I think your friend will love it:)

Catherine Couch Doucette Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Katie~ This turned out so beautiful! I especially love the ribbon along the handle :0)

AKiteFlier Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Gorgeous Katie - love the paper you selected - so fun.

Michelle Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Oh I love tea! This is adorable!! So pretty!!

Silke Ledlow Saturday, June 05, 2010  

So so beautiful Katie!!! Your tea pot turned out perfectly!!! Love how you added the ribbon to the handle!!! Hugs ~S~

Tina Monday, June 07, 2010  

This is amazign Katie!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP