It's time for a PMS blog hop!

>> Monday, June 7, 2010



Holy CRAP! When did it get to be the 7th?! I guess since i didnt participate in each day of the sneak peeks (just not enough hours in a day!) it crept up on me fast!!! We made an 11 hour drive yesterday back from nebraska to my parents house in Indiana. Jack made an adorable ring bearer and i'll have pics and such of that for you very soon! But first, I have some business to attend to! It's the PMS blog hop for the June Release! If you've hopped here from Lisa McKinney's blog, then you are in the right spot! if not... well geez, i'm the last stop and you've missed some AWESOME stuff! GO back to the PMS blog to catch up!


Okily dokily...Here is my card...



I used the new Freckled Lemonade set for this card! This set is FULL of some fun lemonade images including a very large pitcher that is large enough to use on a scrapbook layout! I went with the solid lemon image and the sweet wordart.


Now first i would like to say, i did some "ghetto" crafting for this card and i would like to say i think it turned out pretty darn cute! I had a pad of Cosmo Cricket's Garden Variety paper with me (thanks to my pal Amy from Caffinated Cropper who sent it to me just before i left town so i just tucked it into my bag with me). I had a mat stack from DCWV with me and luckily a few sheets matched great. And then when i went to stamp i went, oh shoot. I have nothing to stick this stamp to! So i took soem plain scotch tape and wound it around itself to stick it onto a block! Then i thought, oh shoot, i dont have any colored ink with me. No worries... would you know that my 4 year olds crayola pip squeak markers worked FANTASTIC! WOOHOO!



I used last weeks Mojo Monday sketch. Of course now i cant add it because the linky is closed, but it was still a cute sketch! :D


So thats my card for you! I still have a letter for you too! Don't forget, collect each letter from the blogs in the hop today and you get a 15% discount code for the new release! My letter is E!


There, now wasnt that fun? :D I hope to see you tonight at the release party in our forum!! 8pm CST, be there or be square!


14 comments:

Carisa Monday, June 07, 2010  

LMAO at the ghetto stamping! I love it!!!

FibreJunky Monday, June 07, 2010  

It's tonight??? Oy! Wonder how bad it will be trying to chat via dial-up. Don't laugh...I'm gonna try. I don't know how late the community center is open, but I don't think it's past 8.

Way cute card - and love the kid's markers. Way to improvise!!

jan farnworth Monday, June 07, 2010  

wow i feel like it took all day just to get thru the whole hope. I made it and love all the cards and yours is just perfect to end it. see ya tonight.

Alexandra Lundgren Monday, June 07, 2010  

Ok- you are the officially QUEEN of ghetto stamping, LOL! this is just wonderful and I love the full slice. These remind me of those candies I used to get from the candy counter at Sears. Great saying!

Ginny Monday, June 07, 2010  

Tooooo funny! Love that you had to color it with those markers! Very cute

jan farnworth Monday, June 07, 2010  

i really like the unquiness of the way you used your kids markers to make the lemon on the card.

Ginny Monday, June 07, 2010  

I already left a comment, but just to be sure, my favorite part is the markers :)

Michelle VP Monday, June 07, 2010  

Love your creativity in making a great card with limited supplies! What an inspiration you are! :) My favorite parts are the pipsqueak colored lemon and the double bows. :)

Unknown Monday, June 07, 2010  

HA HA! Love your GHETTO Style!

Christi Flores Monday, June 07, 2010  

That dp is perfect and I LOVE that ghetto coloring! You make me sick....hahaha!!!

dawnmercedes Monday, June 07, 2010  

had to hop onto my lap top...

but I think that the focal point of the two toned lemon really pops out as soon asy our card comes up on the screen! very fun!

Lisa Kind Monday, June 07, 2010  

You totally cracked me up with this one! You are so resourceful! Great card, Katie!

Michelle Monday, June 07, 2010  

Using pip squeak markers, huh? Who knew...laughed so hard at the "ghetto" remark. Really like that sentiment - TFS your cute creation!

Jane Wetzel Monday, June 07, 2010  

holy cow- great idea! :) ha ha!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP