Holy Cow I'm Back!

>> Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Are you ready for this... I am back in action!
Thank you SO much to everyone for my birthday and computer well wishes!
We got my computer back up and running buy purchasing a new harddrive and thank goodness i back things up all the time so i actually didnt lose anything other than some computer programs that i'll have to gather the discs back up (some of them were um, technically my dads and others are around here somewhere!) but we're on the up and up! And my room is ALMOST finished!
And it's sneak peak time! So WOOHOO! I've been ACHING to get crafty! And now i finally get to!

Today is the first day of sneak peeks from My Time Made Easy!
This release is *truly* my favorite release so far! There are lots of elements of this release that i really can see myself using over and over and over again, even with the addition of new stamps. The template i get to show you today, called The Flapper, is no exception!
This is one of those perfect gift box templates. It's more than "just a box". But it's more general in theme so it can be used for ANYTHING! But it's anything but basic! It's various angles make it much cooler than just a box and i love the way it opens to peek at the giftie inside! You'll have to keep reading to see!

Here's what i've done...

I just think its such a fun template! But the template isnt the only reason i'm stoked about this release, i'm also loving the paper and stamps being released. Here i've used some of the pretty printables digi paper from the Bangin' Burlap collection and this color is Burlap Sprinkles. The photo turned out a little more bright than it appears printed.

Then... the stamps! OMG, lovin' these stamps! I actually used 4 different stamp sets on this project! First i printed the burlap paper and then used it when cutting the decorative layers for the template. I took the cattails stamp from the Killer Curves stamp set (set of 8 images for $20). This set i'm just GAGA for! I inked up the stamp in Old Paper Distress ink and also sponged the edges in the same ink.

For the front...
I inked up the solid image from the Lovely Labels stamp set and actually sniped off the top "bubble" in order to get it to fit where i wanted it to on the box. Quick FYI - you may remember the Lovely Labels cut file that was released a bit back that fit perfectly on the front of another one of Lauren's templates... well that perfectly fits all these images too! WOOT WOOT! My sentiment on the inside of my label is from the awesome Tending the Garden stamp set. You'll get to see this set in full form tomorrow from Stephanie, Lesa, Pam, Geny and Dawn! Oh yeah, and ME on the 2nd! So stay tuned!

Ok, got off track... so why in the world is this template called The Flapper? Well, it's because of it's nifty little flap closure! Here's the open view... and my giftie inside...

How cute is that little fold over. I decided to just use a simple string (DMC floss for cross stitch, soooooooo many colors to choose from, sooooooo cheap!) to tie is closed.
And the inside is more spacious than you might think! You could fit so much in there! I opted for more of a presentation type of set up, filling the bottom with extra scraps of kraft paper (the real kraft paper, the kind you see brown bags made of! it crinkles better!) and then placing 2 wallflower refills inside. By the way, i am TOTALLY addicted to wallflowers from Bath and Body Words! They go on mega sale all the time and I picked these up this weekend for a mere 2 bucks a piece (they retail for 6.50) making it cheaper than glad and yummier smelling!
My sister is also addicted to wallflowers! Which is why i made the gift! The other bonus about these, is they come in so many different scents and colors, it's really easy to match the color and or theme of your project!

And one last photo for you!

This is one more peek at the Killer Curves Fancy Frames set was introduced, well those images fit perfectly inside this stamp set which also means this stamp works fabulously with the Killer Curves cut file that was released last month! You gotta love it when things you buy coordinate with other things!

Ok, back to the project, i knew that when you opened the box, i wanted more than to just see the gift inside. I treated the lid of the box sort of like a card itself in that you get to read the note when you open the card. I did this mostly because i couldnt figure out where to stick the card or tag for the project other than to just make a coordinating one. Which of course is great to have a coordinating card, but whats the liklihood that i sis will stick it on the table next to her little box? I wanted her to remember my thoughts right when she opened the box each and everytime! Well my sis, she's pretty amazing. In fact, she's Scent-Sational! haha! I used that sentiment from the Take Time set. The other images here are all from the Killer Curves set.

Whew! I had forgotten how wordy i could be! How could you forget! HAHAHAH! Well, i guess i have a lot of babbling to do to get caught up from my silence!

Have a wonderful day!

Dont forget to check out
Dawn and

for more fabulouso creations!


12 comments:

Tracey Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

So glad you got the computer situation figured out Katie!! Love your project today! My Time Made Easy always has such cute templates! I really need to check them out! xx

Dawn Easton Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

Katie, this is perfect!~ I *almost* used that same paper yesterday while creating...hehe! GMTA?!

Silke Ledlow Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

Hi Katie, glad you are up and running again :)!!! Your Flapper gift box is beauitful!!! Awesome details my friend!!! Hugs ~S~

Bonnie Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

Love this Katie! The beautiful muted colours are awesome and of course I love the template!

Unknown Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

Fabulous, Katie! Love the colors! I love Wallflowers, too.. YUMMY!!

Amy Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

What a lovely gift set!

Unknown Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

I love this color combo. TFS, Mary M

kimmygt Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

Amazing project!! I just love it. Love the colors.

Geny Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

Wonderful Katie, I love the color combo you used and what a perfect gift inside!!

FibreJunky Tuesday, June 29, 2010  

gorgeous!!! the whole shape reminds me of a giant truffle.

AKiteFlier Wednesday, June 30, 2010  

Divine Katie - love your choice of colors and the use of the cattail stamps too. Can't wait for my turn with this WOOOOOOONNNNDERFUL little box!!

Unknown Wednesday, June 30, 2010  

oh Katie - this came out AWESOME!!! I love absolutely EVERYTHING about it -- the colors -- how you used the lovely labels die cut -- the other label inside the lid -- WOW girl. fantastic. I'm glad you're back up and running - it would have been a shame if you couldn't share this! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP