MTME Group Post - Time for a Spot of Tea!

>> Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's the 8th so it's the last day of scheduled reveals from My Time Made Easy!

For my project today, I used the Tea Tabbed Box.
Now what's fabulous about this template is you can very easily create it without the slot in the front to create a very cute little box for lots and lots of treats. And in fact, I will have another box made for you sometime next week so you can see just that!

But today, today i actually WANTED to create this in the way it was originally intended.
Maybe it's because my out of the box thinker hasnt been turned on this month, or MAYBE it's because Lauren's templates this month are so cute and such fun ideas for gifts, i just HAVE to use them the way she envisioned them first! :D


Here is my tea tabbed box...


I actually created this from the PDF version. I know, *GASP* hand cutting, no cricut! But that was just not one thing i wanted to bring with me on my trip, and i wasnt ahead of the game enough to have this done before i left. Oh no no no, i whipped up this badboy yesterday lickity split might i add! This is definitely an easy template if you are looking to see how fast and fun these templates can be!

Since i was using the PDF version, I had the ability to lay the template out perfectly on my patterned cardstock (which is from the crafty DCWV paper packed that i picked up today at JoAnn's!) I really wanted the flowers climbing up the front of my box, and since the box folds under to create the base, i couldnt just have it start at the base of my paper. But this was so easy to line up and i used the extra pieces for other elements on my project so no wasted paper!

Here's a forward view of my box!

Now the front piece has a curved dip. It's what made me think to put a circle label on the front, but then the blossom nestie kinda covered it up. I like the way the front looks, but i regret not taking a picture beforehand so you could see the curve.

The sentiment is from the A Spot of Tea set which is sold both as an acrylic stamp set and a digi set. here i actually used the digi because the stamps are either buried in my suitcase, or sitting oh so sad and lonely on my craft table at home asking why i forgot them!

The top of my box i simply decorated with some large flowers (that were also picked up today from Jo Ann's! I was going to use the to DIE FOR tea cup image for the top, but i saw another genius had already used that idea. haha. Plus i REALLY wanted to use these flowers and fun brad center! HAHAHAH!



Now since today is a group share day, that means the whole team has treats to share!
Check them all out!



Photobucket

Lauren Meader


Catherine Doucette


Dawn Easton


Geny Cassidy


Lesa Rapp


Pam Imholz


Stephanie Kraft


Tracey Cuccia


Silke Ledlow


Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

AKiteFlier Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

Lovely job Katie - you were SPOT ON with this set. Love the climbing flowers - pretty paper and flowers on top.

Dawn Easton Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

Katie, this turned out beautifully! That paper you found is GORGEOUS! Love the flowers!

Noreen Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

I love the top of the box! The box colors perfectly match the colors of the tea packet. Nicely done.

Celeste Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

So cute and functional. I love the colors you used. The flower on the top really makes the whole thing "bloom."

Geny Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

I absolutely love the colors on this pretty little box, great project Katie!

joy Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

Love the way your flowers are on the first tea box -- I like the idea of being able to lay out a pattern the way I want to fit it on the paper.

Carol's Ink Spot Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

Lovely tea box! Definitely marking this one for future holiday gift giving stuff.

Lauren (mytime) Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

OH! I need to try that tupe of tea!! Sounds scrumptious!Love the flower accents :D

Shaela Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

very cute!! I wonder if I can make this big enough for packets of hot cider instead of tea?? hmmmm, i'll have to check it out :)

Mona Pendleton Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

So pretty Katie! You are doing such a great job showcasing those MTME templates :) Love your color combo!

Bee's Zen Garden Tuesday, June 08, 2010  

Love this DP and color combo! It's a little different and it sets it apart! :-D

Silke Ledlow Wednesday, June 09, 2010  

Beautiful tea box Katie!!! The colors are awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown Monday, June 14, 2010  

What a fabulous tea box, Katie! Love the papers and how well they coordinate with your tea bags!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP