Copic Creations Challenge with Hambo Stamps

>> Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This is my third post for today! Holy cow - i dont know that i've ever had 3 posts in one day! Be sure to scroll down to see my Quixotic Paperie Blog Hop post and my Card Share post for My Time Made Easy!

They like me.... they reeeeeeally like me! I've been asked to join the Copic Creations Design Team while super duper talented design team member Jami Bova is on leave (she's in Afganistan for 4 months!) Maybe i can make them reeeeeally like me enough to keep me on after Jami returns! hahaha! I am beyond floored to join this amazing group of copic divas to challenge myself to try new and different things using this favorite medium!

Today's challenge is to color animals! So yes, it's easy enough, but what is super fun about animals is there is so much fun an texture in animals! They can be a delight to color whether it's because of their shape, the texture, fur or scales, etc. The team has done a fabulous job showing you some of these neato techniques and I just hope that mine is up to snuff!

Our sponsor for this challenge is Hambo Stamps.
I chose to use the Floating Pig digi that you can find with some other fun animal digis HERE.
Hambo Stamps has much more than just digi stamps, however! You can check out more HERE.

Here's my card...


Now why do i chose this piggie? Well for one, i think the whole "when pigs fly" idea is funny and even more funny that this pig has a balloon tied to him to make him fly!
Ok, so why is he fun to color with copics? Well pigs are ROUND! Big fat pigs! Thats what i wanted to be sure to get the idea of when i colored him. I made sure to shade around the string tied around his belly because that string would pinch in on the fat little piggie. I also knew i wanted to keep the center fairly light to help the whole "round" idea.

Balloons are also a fun round thing to color! I did add a white gel pen to my image to help emphasize the highlights. I've been on a bit of a white gel pen kick lately!

Now while i'm on vacation, my hubby is supposed to be working on my craft room! So i had to pack everything up before i left. Let me tell you, crafting out of a packed up craft room is tricky! And to boot, i had already colored this image! I found this square piece of patterned paper in a scrap box (though i remember it's from american crafts) I was tickled pink that it matched so well! I used one of my new martha stewart punches (called optic something or other) and the ric rac is from a pack of bazzill decorative strips. It was also in the scrap box!
The sentiment is from a retired set from The Greeting Farm.

Here is a close up view of the colored image...

Before i get into the copic colors used, one of the colors for my pig i call "R80".
which is a custom color, an equal blend of colorless blender and R81 various ink refill ink in an empty copic... view my tutorial on how i make my own colors HERE. The first part of the video is on reinking, but you'd still want to see how to do that if you make your own custom colors the way that I do.

Copics Used:
Pig: "R80", R81, R83, R85
Balloon: YR12, YR04, YR04, YR07, YR09
Sky: B000, B000, B00, colorless blender
Flowers: V12, V15, V17; Y32, Y35, Y38; B21, B24, B26; R24, R27; YG11, YG17



Thanks for stopping by! Keep scrolling down for more copic fun! I did some major coloring on all 3 of my posts for today! :D

14 comments:

Tracey Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

YAY Katie!! Congrats!! How could they not love you and want to keep you?!?! ;)

Love your card! The image and sentiment are perfect together!! xx

peggy Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

Happy Birthday Quixotic Paperie !!!!!!

Great card and love that sentiment, it fits perfect !!!

Peggy xx

Jenyfur Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

Oh my word this is so adorable - terrific coloring...love it.

Jane Wetzel Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

I dont think you could have picked a better sentiment!!!! lololol! How darn cute is this card? WOW..Love it!

Ginny Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

The sentiment you used with this stamp just cracks me up. Super cute!

lou Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

love the humour of your sentiment x

mycardz Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Hi Katie! OMGoodness, I love, love, love how you've colored this cutie! I'm always so jealous of people who know just exactly where to put the white highlighting, it really adds so much dimension! I'm totally white highlight challenged! And, the sentiment couldn't be more perfect! Awesome job!! I'm sooooooooooooo happy to have you on the team!! Yay. hugz, Mary

Lauren (mytime) Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

OK I had to comment on this one too! LOVE that lil pig! How cut is that?! And you coloring! TDF!

"Kirby" (KrB) Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Katie I love your piggy. If he isn't cute floating up and away. Kinda looks a bit bewildered, but that makes him all the cuter. Love the paper you "lucked out" with and that punch is next on my things-to-buy-list. This just turned out adorable! So glad you're on the team!! Hugs,

Monica Hunter Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Such a fun card, colored to perfection! What a great sentiment to pair with this pig. Great work!

Michelle Wednesday, June 02, 2010  

Congrats on your fill in DT - your coloring is awesome! That pig is perfect!

Lilian Thursday, June 03, 2010  

Your coloring of the pink piggy is just perfect! Love the shiny pink! Welcom to the DT too! So ahppy you joined us. :)

Heather Friday, June 04, 2010  

Hi Katie, what a fun card - I'm grinning from ear to ear - your colouring is amazing and I love your sentiment.
hugs Heather xx

Tina Monday, June 07, 2010  

Congrats Katie! This is cute, cute, cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP