A Very Fun Announcement!!!

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

2nd post for today... scroll down to also see my Makeup for the Weekend challenge from PMS.

OMG! I have an announcement to make! Something that i've been sitting on and not allowed to tell anyone! It's been EATING ME ALIVE!

But today.... today i finally get to tell everyone! YIPPIEEEEEE!

A bit back my friend, Lauren Meader, let me in on a little secret. That secret was that she was going to start her own stamp, template and digi paper company!!! I was so thrilled and over the moon for her. Now you may know of lauren's template designs for PaperTrey Ink. Well, at least you SHOULD know about them because i used them quite often! haha! Well, she decided she wanted to add stamps and things to her designs and start out on her own. I really commend her on her venture! I know (trust me i know!) starting your own company can be a big undertaking. But with her following, I really thought she could excel! And I told her I would do anything I could to help. Well, when I told her that, I thought at most she might ask me on some how do you handing shipping? But no... do you know what she asked me? To be on her design team!!!! Do you know how incredibly honored i felt?! Truly, for one thing it was the first time someone asked me to be on the design team, no call or anything like that. For another, I truly admire Lauren's work and for her to ask ME.... i was honored, flabbergasted, and extremely excited! And then to see the callaber of the other ladies on the team. Phew, i'm going to have to work hard to keep up! Oh, you want to know who these ladies are, do you? Well I'm not gonna tell ya! Nope nope nope, i'm not! You are going to have to go check it out for yourself! :)

I introduce to you....



Photobucket


(by the way i made that blinkie...teehee)

My Time Made Easy © will have fabulous templates, pretty printable paper and AMAZING clear stamps that coordinate with the templates! Let me tell you, they are cah-ute!
Go sign up for the newsletter and you'll get a coupon to get a free template to try out!
There is also some FREE digital paper for you to play with! There is absolutely nothing to lose!

Ok... and now finally onto my project!

This is Lauren's In A Pinch template.



And YES, i used some of the My Time Made Easy © pretty printable paper! There are so many different color options, it makes completing a project easy peasy! And here's my tip, i only print the size i need! No excess scraps or waste to worry about!

Here is a detail shot of the "pinch" cinched together with some pretty satin ribbon.



And a few from the top! I opted to use a magnetic snap from Basic Grey for easy closure.



And you may want to look closely at that fold line. If you look reeeeeeeally carefully, you'll notice very very tiny dots on the score line. This is because the My Time Made Easy © templates had delicate score marks. This helps keep them ultra concealable. I also sometimes adjust my color settings to make them even more hideable. I'll do a tutorial later on that.

BUT, there is one more HUGE thing to tell you about these templates.... They will all be available as SVG files as well! What does that mean? If means if you have a cutting program like Sure Cuts A Lot, you'll be able to just click CUT and it will cut it all out for you and leave teeny tiny tick marks for your score lines. Yeah, i'm excited about that! Can you imagine how quickly you can make gifts! Once i've played with the program (i'm a newbie!) I will let you know all about it!

Ok, just one more detail shot for you since i know this post has gotten amazingly long (can you tell i'm a little excited??)



I hand stitched those little beads onto the dots. Yeah, it was a labor of love. It was the ONLY long process about this project! Since this is to be gift packaging for a friends birthday present (hence the big R on the front of it!), and I was also gifting a handmade necklace, I wanted something to tie the 2 ends together. I had some leftover small beads, and this seemed like a fun way to intertwine the 2.

So thats my fun new announcement! Keep posted for some more projects! The first official release (including stamps!) will be in early january! Of course I will keep you posted on that as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to go to My Time Made Easy © to check everything out!!! And go to Lauren's blog for all the details of this fun announcement!



24 comments:

Christi Friday, December 18, 2009  

Whooohoooo! Congrats Katie! I love Lauren's work so I can't wait to see what she does with her own company...so cool! This box is GORGEOUS!!! smiles...

Christi Flores Friday, December 18, 2009  

Woot!! Woot!! This is amazing Katie!! I am SOOO jealous!!! That box is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous,  Friday, December 18, 2009  

WOOHOO!!!!!! Congrats :) Isn't being asked to be on a dt a huge honor ;)

Tamara Friday, December 18, 2009  

Congrats on this exciting opportunity! (I am also a little jealous) I just found you from Lauren's blog, but I am sure I will be back often for inspiration!

Terri Friday, December 18, 2009  

Congratulations! This is the first time I have seen your blog but I look forward to finding out more about you and seeing your work in the future. Nice job on your project too!

Hilary Friday, December 18, 2009  

Wow! I love how you designed this template. It's awesome! It looks like Lauren has put together an amazing team! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! Congratulations!

Tina Friday, December 18, 2009  

Oh my heavens lady, I am sooo happy for you and soooo jealous too. Congrats, you totally deserve it!

Danni Friday, December 18, 2009  

Congrats Katie! How wonderful and fun! Love your project!

Shaela Friday, December 18, 2009  

wow, congratulations Katie! You'll be fabulous, and I wish the best of luck to Lauren!

Rach Friday, December 18, 2009  

whooo hoo way to go, huge congrats on being on Laurens dt..
love your box, looks way cool. hugs rachxx

Kim Friday, December 18, 2009  

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I'm jumping up and down for you girl. You SOOOO deserve this. I can't wait to be inspired by your creations and holy cow, finally be able to use my SCAL :)

Mona Pendleton Friday, December 18, 2009  

OOO - I love what you did with the MTME In a Pinch template & the digi paper! So clever to create a personalized gift box!! I am so honored to be on a DT with you! Thanks for the blinkie too :)

Tracey Friday, December 18, 2009  

WOW! What incredible news Katie! You are so fabulous and talented that I am not surprised!! What a gorgeous box you have made here. Can't wait to see what else you get up to as part of the DT! xx

Jessica Diedrich Friday, December 18, 2009  

CONGRATS KATIE!!! I am thrilled for you, girl! What exciting stuff! I am all things skeered of 3D, LOL...so I'm looking forward to the inspiration you'll be providing me! GREAT NEWS, girlie!!!

Helen Watanabi Friday, December 18, 2009  

Very beautiful design! It looks like Lauren has surrounded herself with some really amazing and talented people! Congrats!

Michelle VP Saturday, December 19, 2009  

Congrats! How amazing it must have felt to be asked to join her team. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.

Dana Gustafson Saturday, December 19, 2009  

That's awesome Katie! SO happy for you!

angelafsprouse Saturday, December 19, 2009  

Wow!! How exciting for you!! I love Lauren's stuff and can't wait to see the fabulous creations you come up with :)

Unknown Saturday, December 19, 2009  

This is just FABULOUS Katie!! I'm so excited to work with you -- and am so blessed to be a part of such a great team! I love the added touch of the beads -- smart!

Kristin Eberline Saturday, December 19, 2009  

Katie, this is fabulous! I love the lavender and chocolate combo and you really made it sing with your project! I HAVE TO HAVE those magnetic snaps! I tried magnetic tape on mine and failed :[ I'll be shopping later I suspect! LOL Also, thanks for the tip on printing only what you need. That's a great recommendation for saving ink!

Congratulations, girly! I'm so excited to be working with you...I love your stuff! Can't wait to see what else you come up with ;]

Debbie Olson Saturday, December 19, 2009  

Yay, Katie! Beautiful job, and congratulations too!

Kim Dellow Sunday, December 20, 2009  

Oh that is fabulous news! Big congratulations! I can't wait to see more - this is beautiful! Have a lovely holiday season! Kim

Lauren (mytime) Sunday, December 20, 2009  

Kaire you are AWESOME! Oh and so busy! I dont know how you fit it all in but an so happy you do. Your prject is fab-a-licous! Happy to have you!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP