A mojo filled sunday with Unity

>> Sunday, December 20, 2009


Today i was in a crafty mood. But also in a cleaning mood. And yet... i feel like not much got accomplished! Don't ya hate that! But i did finally get to finish a card i started earlier in the week! I colored the image one day and thought it might end up in the box o colored images, but luckily, i did get it worked out on a card and I think it's just so much fun!

The stamp is from Unity Stamp Company. My unity stamps have been screaming at me lately! I have not been giving them the attention they rightfully deserve! I mean i have kits and kits that i've never even opened. BAD KATIE!

And to help unsure that this fun image got used on a card, i used the Mojo Monday sketch from last week. After all, if i'm gonna use it, today would be the best day since tomorrow there will be a new fabby sketch to try!

SO, without further adieu, here's my card!


And for my background I used the black magic coordinations paper. I have 2 pads of this stuff that i've probably had for well over a year and have never been used. I'm tellin' ya, i'm bad!
Here's a detail shot of the super fun paper (for those that dont know this paper, it's black on the surface, but colored in the core and underside. :)



And one last detail shot.. of the sentiment. I used CTMH white daisy ink but didnt get as crisp of an image as i wanted (my fault for deciding to add it AFTER i embossed the image. So i went over the lines with a white gel pen by Gelly Roll (umm, first time to use the gelly roll pen, i'm in love!) And then i went over the little heart in the O with a pink souffle pen by gelly roll.






and now for...


Stamps:
UNity Stamp Company, October Kit of the Month

Inspiration: Mojo Monday Sketch, 117

Coloring/Copics:
"RV30", RV32, RV11
E30, E31
C1, C3

Paper:
Cardstock: Regal Rose Cardstock (SU), Black (PTI), Solar White (Neenah)
Co'ordinations Paper from Hocus Pocus pack
Patterned Paper: Purely Pomegranate DP (SU)

Tools and Accessories:
Petite Scallop Circle Nestie (Spellbinder)
Large Classic Circle Nestie (Spellbinder)
Fiskars Border Punch
Black PolkaDot Ribbon from the 1 spot at target (past)

6 comments:

Anonymous,  Sunday, December 20, 2009  

wooohoooo!!! I love EVERYTHING about this card :)
pssssttt (I have uninked Unity kits too) Sad isn't it!!!

Susan (peebsmama) Monday, December 21, 2009  

I like the use of the pink core/black paper with your embossing. Gives the background a very interesting look.

Tracey Monday, December 21, 2009  

I LOVE THIS!!! It's a fantastic card Katie! The image, the colours, everything!! xx

Jessica Diedrich Monday, December 21, 2009  

This is ADORABLE Katie! YAY for using Unity! LOVE them! This card is great and the color combo definitely ROCKIN' ;)

Danni Monday, December 21, 2009  

Wonderful card! Love the colors!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP