PMS Blog Hop!

>> Monday, December 7, 2009



If you have hopped here from Randee's blog... you are on the right track! If you have just come along my blog by chance, today is the day of the December Paper Makeup Stamps blog hop and you'll want to start at the beginning!

First things first, before i forget... my letter for you!



Can you see it? It's the letter i! I did a little google search for the letter I and found this picture. I just think it's so fun! I want to be sure to give credit where credit is due however! I did NOT take this picture! You can see this photographer's flickr page HERE.

Ok, now onto my card! I was soooooo very excited to ink Madelyn up! I just think she's beautiful! And after seeing Lisa color her wings a gorgeous glittery pink, well i just had to go out of my fairy wing coloring norm! So i decided to go gold!



I did want to make my card a christmas-ie card, though Madelyn herself isnt necessarily a christmas stamp. So i chose red and green to color her dress. Then i went to my christmas paper collection and discovered... i dont HAVE a christmas paper collection! Truly i dont! I had less than 5 sheets of paper and it was all from the Basic Grey Blitzen collection. I'm not sure why i dont own any christmas paper! So i was puzzled and had to think outside the box. I had this gorgeous paper my friend Kelly gave me umpteen million years ago that i've been hoarding. It's pretty script writing is all about angels. But still, the card needed a little more color. Thats when i had the idea to create the window. Looking back, it would have been more approriate to create a star somehow instead of a moon. It definitely would have fit the christmas spirit a little better. Oh well. I airbrushed with the cardstock still inside the nestie and then after removing the cardstock i went along the edge (the white part that was left) with a brown copic marker (specifically E37) to make it look a little more "window-like". I carefully cut out the colored fairy (color first, then cut out!) and glued her onto my created scene. Oh wait, I put a strip of brown cardstock down first so she'd had a floor. then i glue her on top. teehee.

Here is a more close up view...


If you'd like to read onto "the deets" feel free! But for those not interested, hop along to Dawn, for your next little piece of inspiration!






Stamps:
Madelyn from Paper Makeup Stamps (to be released tonight at 8pm CST)
Sentiment from Season's Greetings from Paper Makeup Stamps

Coloring: Copic Markers
Skin: E00, E21, E000, R20
Hair: E35, E37
Dress: R24, R27, R29, R59; G21, G24, "G26"
Shoes: N4, N6
Wings: "Y20", Y21, Y26, gelly stardust pen in clear

Tools and Accessories
Small Classic Rectangle nestabilities
Brads from Bazzill

Thanks for stopping by!

31 comments:

melissa75 Monday, December 07, 2009  

Beautiful card - I love how you've created the moon.

dawnmercedes Monday, December 07, 2009  

Ooh...I love the moonlit night backdrop! How clever!!

Michelle VP Monday, December 07, 2009  

What a gorgeous scene! Love how you have her praying by a window. Thanks for the close-up detail shot too - love the shine on her wings. :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Monday, December 07, 2009  

I love her golden wings! Glad I inspired you to *go bold* and make them colorful! Love the moonlight idea.

Brandi Monday, December 07, 2009  

I love your card! The new fairy is super sweet too! :)

Anonymous,  Monday, December 07, 2009  

Beautiful card

Susan Monday, December 07, 2009  

a praying christmas fairy...how perfect. Wonder what she's praying for? could it be for new stamps?

Christi Flores Monday, December 07, 2009  

This is gorgeous Katie!! Wow!!!

stampin at the lake Monday, December 07, 2009  

Love Madeline, good for all seasons

Anonymous,  Monday, December 07, 2009  

this is so precious :)

Anonymous,  Monday, December 07, 2009  

This is fabulously gorgeous! I LOVE it!!!!

Tangii

Tracey Monday, December 07, 2009  

This is beautiful Katie! I love this adorable fairy!! xx

jan farnworth Monday, December 07, 2009  

very nicely done katie way to go for stretching your creative wings.

Unknown Monday, December 07, 2009  

Beautiful card Katie...I love this fairy...a must have.

Stampin Mindy Monday, December 07, 2009  

Beautiful card Katie, Love her shimmery wings!

Tina Monday, December 07, 2009  

Katie, this is positively stunning!

Angie Monday, December 07, 2009  

Wow, love this card, love how you colored her wings gold, very pretty!

Jane Wetzel Monday, December 07, 2009  

hmmm...the wings are GORGEOUS..tfs that stunning pic too!

silvia Monday, December 07, 2009  

LOVE your gorgeous card!! Fun way to showcase your letter!! :)

Meli Palmer Monday, December 07, 2009  

What a way to step outta the box! This card is gorgeous KC.

Jessica Fitzgerald (aka MommaJess) Monday, December 07, 2009  

That is such a pretty card. I love the positioning to make it look like the inside of a house. Brilliant.

Mandi Monday, December 07, 2009  

Wow Katie! Just gorgeous! I am so impressed with all your amazing creations you always come up with. :)

Kim Monday, December 07, 2009  

Oh Katie, your card is beautiful and that fairy is so precious! Love and miss ya!

FibreJunky Monday, December 07, 2009  

Oh, gorgeous!! You have no Christmas paper and I'm probably swimming in it. Funny how things work. How clever is that "i" photo? You may not have taken it, but you found it, and that certainly counts for something. I think it's great!

Lisa Kind Monday, December 07, 2009  

Oh, Katie! This is so pretty! I LOVE the window! Such a cool idea! Your angel wings are so shimmery and pretty! Great card! I think this release is going to be another success!

Lisa Kind Monday, December 07, 2009  

Oh I forgot...love your letter! I thought at first that you took that picture!

Cheryll AW Monday, December 07, 2009  

Very pretty, and I agree, a Christmas star would have been an ideal choice.

mrslaporte,  Monday, December 07, 2009  

What a pretty Christmas Scene. . . I'd love to see a nativity in the window. . mklaporte at hotmail dot com

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP