My first blankie

>> Thursday, December 3, 2009


Since God decided not to bless me with a little girl of my own to spoil (i did get 2 cutie little rascals though!), i get to spoil other little girls in my life. Like my bf's little sweetie pie who turned 1 last week! And she loves tags! So i tried to make my first taggie blanket. In this picture i think it look ok. But i think it's a good thing that it's going to a one year old who doesnt care if my sewing lines are straight! :)

Here is my taggie blanket...


Surprisingly enough, creating the quilt pattern was the easy part. The hard part was stitching the front and back together! (the back is minky dot fabric. I think my biggest error was not giving myself a big enough seam allowance along my edges. I gave myself more seam allowance with the quilting. :) So all in all, not terrible for my first one, but i think i need a lot of practice before i make any for anyone else! :)

Ok, time for bed for me! Sneak peeks for paper makeup stamps december release start tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

Heather Thursday, December 03, 2009  

This is so cute! I have zero sewing ability so I'm always completely impressed with sewing projects! She'll love it!

angelafsprouse Thursday, December 03, 2009  

Wow!! You did a wonderful job at your first project!! I love it and I bet she will too!!

Anonymous,  Thursday, December 03, 2009  

It looks great! Love, Mom :)

Unknown Thursday, December 03, 2009  

Very cute...lucky girl that Areila (that's not spelled right, is it...) is.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP