Makeup for the Weekend Challenge!

>> Friday, December 11, 2009



Hello everyone! Every friday there is a new challenge over on the PMS blog. It's a little sad that it's my stamp company and I dont participate in the challenge more! haha! But it is Christi's baby! She's the one that comes up with these fab challenges week after week!

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge! Lisa McKinney came up with this sketch...



Here's my take on the sketch...



I'm not exactly sure why i'm very into this "scene" idea for my cards lately. But it's just what keeps coming to my head!

Here I used the lighthouse from the Sailing By set and paired it with the single WordArt Psalms 27:1. I actually left out a circle from the sketch by mistake! Woops! We'll just say my waves are supposed to be that other circle! haha!

To create my scene i just freehand cut some cardstock to get the shapes i wanted. The lighthouse was stamped on white cardstock and then colored, cut out and adhered to the top of the other cardstock. For the waves, i still have my liquid applique out on my table from making my ribbon spool ornament (scroll down for yesterdays post), so i added it to the crest of my waves to get that crashing over effect.

If you are wanting to play along, go over to the PMS blog to upload your card link to Mr. Linky. If uploading to a public gallery, please use the keywords Paper Makeup Stamps (if you're using them) and M4TW07







Stamps:
Sailing By
Psalm 27:1

Inks/Copics
Memento ink in Tuxedo Black
Copics Used C00, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7; Y11, Y15, Y18

Paper/Cardstock
Not sure on exact colors used.... Yellow is So Saffron from SU, the navy and grey are both Bazzill scraps and the white is Neenah Solar White.

Tools and Accessories
Standard Circle and Oval Nestabilities from Spellbinders
Brads from Making Memories
Liquid Applique in White

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Stampin Mindy Friday, December 11, 2009  

HOw cute! Very creative with the water. Beautiful!

Danni Friday, December 11, 2009  

So creative!! Great job!

Michelle VP Friday, December 11, 2009  

Beautiful card! I can't wait to get my sailing set. :) Love the scene you created.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP