Using up ribbon spools....

>> Thursday, December 10, 2009

I know that it's no new thing to use up old ribbon spools to make cute christmas tree ornaments, but when one of my ribbon spools ran out of ribbon last night i was very excited to try this out. Being the very sentimental person that i am, i love having very random christmas tree ornaments that have a tie to this or that aspect of my life. I also love handcrafted ornaments. Since this is my very first christmas with paper makeup stamps in my life, i knew i needed some kind of christmas tree ornament to symbolize this.

So this is what i came up with!




I used Holly for the front of my ornament. And i have to admit, i actually used the digi version because i wanted to shrink her down to a good size for the ribbon spool. The back side i used a sentiment from Season's Greetings (and yes i used the actual rubber stamp this time! haha).

Both sides I used copics on. Holly was colored with E00, E21 (skin), browns are E33, E35, E37, reds are R24, R29, greens are G21, G24, "G26", wings are B0000, and B000 and i used a touch of liquid applique to puff up her shawl and boots but it's hard to see in the picture.

Overall i was tickled to death with how it came out. Now it's just too bad that i dont have any more empty ribbons spools to play around with more! hahaha!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

9 comments:

Christi Flores Thursday, December 10, 2009  

OMG girl that is wonderful!!!! Fantastic job!!!

Tina Thursday, December 10, 2009  

This is slp dab the cutest thing ever! You'd never know it was a ribbon spool.

Leah l'Orange Thursday, December 10, 2009  

i love this, Katie! i often gut my ribbon spools to use the circles, but never made anything else with them... i'm SO trying this (although it won't look remotely as great as yours!).

beautiful! and thank you for the inspiration! :D

Danni Thursday, December 10, 2009  

How creative and fun!!

Tracey Thursday, December 10, 2009  

I love your ornament Katie! This will look fabulous on your tree!! xx

Lynn Put Thursday, December 10, 2009  

This is darling Katie!!! and such a great idea!
Happy first Christmas Paper Makeup Stamps!

Michelle VP Friday, December 11, 2009  

Well this is a new idea for me and I'm so glad you shared it! My tree is a creative mix of ornaments as well. Love how yours turned out using Holly and those gems are so pretty around the saying. Off to see which spools are getting low on ribbon and can be emptied, haha. :)

Oma Sunday, December 13, 2009  

What a great idea! I love it! This is something I could do with my granddaughter. It's also one of those "Now, why didn't I think of that?" projects. Also a neat way of using up some paper scraps that I never seem to throw out or know what to do with.

I love how yours turned out!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP