PMS Digi Makeover Challenge: Be My Valentine!

>> Monday, January 30, 2012


This week the challenge over at the PMS Digi Challenge is to create a valentine!

And I thought.... holy cow it's already almost time for valentine's day?!
Spring will be here before we know it! Time is going SO fast!

It often happens with me... that even though i love making cards, i forget to send them out.
Or a particular holiday creeps up on me and I don't have time to create the cards I would have liked. So then what do you do? Well, i send e-cards. And while their are oodles of them out there, just like traditional hallmark cards, anyone can send them. So at least it's a little more fun to create my own e-card and feel like i had a little more effort into it. :D

Here is my valentine's day e-card

I used photoshop and created my card in layers using the Sending You Love digi set.
The lip print in the set has recently been recreated so that it has a transparent background.
If you have previously purchased the sending you love set, you can re-download it to get the transparent background heart or just shoot me an email and I'll get the new addition over to you.

So you see my card and say... um, katie... it's still a white background. Why did you want it transparent? Well, it's very very very easy to change the color of an image in photoshop by choosing the color overlay. But with a flat image, the whole image changes color and you'll get a big red screen (or whatever color you were wanting to change it to). With the transparent background, just the image (lip print in this case) will change color. Yeeeeeeah!

Be sure to check out the PMS company blog to see what other goodies the challenge team has for you to see today!

2 comments:

Michelle VP Monday, January 30, 2012  

Love the background you created for your e-card with these lucious lips! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP